Chapter 23.

Amari K

Amari K. Sanders.

First person pov:

The next morning I woke up sick. I was pale and constantly throwing up.

"Omg" I groaned throwing my head back. I apologize for using the Lord's name in vain, but I felt terrible. Imani had checked all the food in the house and everything was fine. Nothing was expired. She asked if I had any suspicious things happen yesterday. I said no. Well then I Lu remembered Harper dropping by. I told her everything in detail that had happened. And how she had moved into the kitchen near my food. Imani suddenly was filed with rage.

"Imma beat her ass! Ain't no way! She drugged you!"

"Imani we don't know that."

"You might not, but I do!"

I tried to get Imani to be more open minded. Harper couldn't have put something in my food. There is no way she would stoop that low. I decided to stay home. I emailed all my professors. And completed my work in the comfort of my own bed. I was still throwing up. And bumps had started to appear all over my skin. They were turning into a big red rash on my arms. I missed practice receiving a lot of calls and texts from the team. I texted the group chat explaining I was sick. They immediately spammed me with get well soon messages and how much they miss me. I laughed I truly have been beginning to love these girls. Imani stayed with me the whole day making sure I was okay.

"I think we should go to the doctor."

"No no I'll be better by tomorrow." I tried to reinsure her.

I was in fact wrong.

It's been about a week and a half. I stopped throwing up and the rash slowly began fading. I get lightheaded though. I decided to go to the doctors. Imani went with me. We checked in and I had to sit in the sick side. The nurse came get us. She did a check up on me then told us to wait. The doctor came in and did some tests.

"You have boric acid poisoning." She said.

"Omg isn't that deadly!" Imani said with fear all over her face.

"No she hasn't consumed a high enough dose. So it's not fatal. She well be okay. We are gonna do some more test and put you on some medication. If you take the medicine you should be perfectly fine in 1-2 weeks." The doctor said.

As soon as she left the I let out the breath I had been holding in. How did I get boric acid poisoning?? Weird. I'm starting to think Harper had something to do with this. The doctor gave me all the right medication and details. We left. As soon as we got into the car I texted the group chat explaining the situation.

Ring ring

I looked down at my phone to see that they were calling me. I quickly answered picking up my phone so they could see my face.

"AMARIIII" they yelled.

"Hey guys" I laughed.

"We've missed you so so much." Said Nika.

"You won't believe who's been subbing for you." Said Ice.

The call went quiet.

"Harper."

"What the fuck??" I said. Imani glanced at me with a confused look on her face. She hasn't been to any of the practices cause she's been with me.

"Yeah I know she's always all up on Paige." Said Aubrey.

"And Paige just ignored her or is so rude to her. It's honestly embarrassing." Qadence pitched in.

"Speaking of Paige where is she??" Asked Kk.

"I think she's just getting back. I heard the door open." Replied Azzi getting up to look.

"How did you even get boric acid poisoning? What even is that?" Asked Ice.

"It's like whats in roach killer." Replied Aubrey.

"Umm I don't know how I got it. We don't even have roach killer in our dorm." I said.

"Yes she knows it was Harper." Said Imani.

"WHAT??"

"ARE YOU FOR REAL?"

"AINT NO WAY"

"IMA KILL HER!"

"Guys chill we don't know if it was actually her." I said.

"Yes we do. She stopped by our dorm to so say talk."

"She stopped by your dorm?" I heard Paige's voice say. I looked to see she was on Azzi's phone.

"Look who's finally decided to join us." Said Kk jokingly earning some snickers from the girls.

"Wait. What did she say to you?"

"She came to apparently apologize and ask if we could be friends. Then she said something about some man was following her and when I went to check I didn't see anyone. When I came back I found her in the kitchen."

"Oh hell no that bitch poisoned you" said Nika.

"She's fucking mental." Said Aubrey.

"She's gotta go like today." Said Qadence.

"We don't have any proof."

"Ima still confront her ass. Nobody fucks with my little cousin. And to think that I was letting her slide with being rude to you. Never again." Said Azzi.

"I'm literally older than you but mk."

"So what do we do?" Asked Ice.

"What do you mean?"

"We should obviously go tell on her ass."

"Again we have no proof."

"We needa catch her sneaky ass in action."

"Now y'all are the ones sounding crazy."