fifteen.

"I'll give you everything I have

I'll teach you everything I know

I promise, I'll do better"

-Light by Sleeping At Last

Dylan

Out of all the nights I had ever gone out, this was by far my favorite. The reasons behind this claim was because, a.) I had no idea where I was going, b.) it was beautiful out, and c.) I was with Lola.

    Coffee was the main thing I was craving. I probably had had eleven hours of sleep in the past seventy-two hours. Not even. I already felt the exhaustion making me drowsy, and I knew I needed caffeine as soon as possible. Lola nodded when I asked her if we could go back to that same cafe we had gone to.

    I parked the car on the side of the curb in front of the coffee shop. It had gotten a lot darker out, as it was past eight o'clock. Lola's silhouette stepped out from the passenger seat and began to walk towards the shop, me trailing behind her.

    Lola held the door open for me, and I passed by her as the warmth of the room and the strong smell of coffee engulfed me. Together, Lola and I went in front of the cashier (there was no line, and no customers in the shop) and ordered our coffees. When the servers called out our orders, we grabbed the coffees and sat at the window seat that had been occupied the last time we had gone here.

    "They're staring at us," Lola whispered, eyeing the cashiers. I looked over my shoulder to see that the two women and one man staring at us strangely. Once they noticed Lola was talking about them, they continued their work and acted as if they had been doing so the  whole time. I quietly laughed and took a sip of my hot latte. "So," I began, "why were you in my apartment building?"

    "Long story," Lola dismissed me. She lifted her coffee cup to her lips.   

    "I have time," I implied.

    Lola sighed, and hesitated before she said, "Only because I can tell you everything." She returned the smile I gave her. "I was visiting this girl, Rhianna. I met her a few weeks ago, in the cemetery." I gave Lola a look, and she nodded. "I know. Anyways, it turns out she was going out with Dave at the same time I was. So, the whole three years I was with him, he was with somebody else."

    "Lola, I'm so sorry."

    "Yeah." She tried to smile through the obvious sadness written across her face. "It was a pretty big bomb dropped, I guess. He was my only friend for my whole life. Well, until now."   

    "What an asshole."   

    "Right? Anyways, I think this Rhianna girl is my acquaintance-slash-friend."

    "How old is she?"

    "Twenty-one."

    "Jesus."

    "That's what I said."

    "Do you want to do something?"

    "Like what?"   

    "Let's go to a bar."

    Lola shifted uncomfortably in her seat. "Unless you don't--" I started, but was interrupted. "No, I just. . . I don't have a fake ID."

"I know a guy there who lets me in."

"You go there a lot?"

"A decent amount. It's not too hardcore. Everyone there is pretty cool. We don't have to go if you don't want to."