Chapter 6

I could feel every part of my body pulsing in agonizing pain. But as quickly as I fall to my knees, it stops, the pain was gone. Suddenly the blonde girl is flying across the field, then slams into a large tree followed by a loud crack sound as the tree snaps in half. Then I'm quickly dashing through the tall trees farther into the woods where I'm gently placed onto the grass, then I feel a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Stay here my little one, I need to go back and help your mother." It was father, he was there so fast to protect me and mom.

"I'll be right back to get you, don't go anywhere unless you have to. Ok!" He says looking into my eyes with concern. He hesitates at first, I can see in his eyes that he doesn't want to leave me here by myself but then, he's quickly gone, racing back towards the loud ferocious growls and barks I know are from mother.

"Sob sob!" The sound of crying echoes in my ears. But they aren't from me. I get up and quietly head towards the whimpering. Only about a mile away, sitting in a pile of dead leaves, is a small dark brown haired girl in a white night dress with dirt on the bottom. 

A human, she's a human. I can't help but feel curious. I slowly walk towards her to see if I can help.

"Stop! Don't come any closer, just leave me alone. I didn't do anything to you people." A sad weak little voice says. She doesn't even bother looking up at me, she just continues to cry into her hands.

"I'm not going to hurt you child, I just wanted to make sure you were ok." I say stopping a few inches from her and kneel down.

"What do you care, your just going to go back into town and tell people you hit the village witch! Your all the same, go away!" She says then pushes at me, of course it does nothing but I move away unsure of what I might do if her human flesh touches me. 

"Why would I do that, why would anyone do that? Please stop crying, it's not safe out here, someone will hear you." I say trying to calm her.

"Go away!" She yells.

"Please, quite now child." I say.

"Leave me alone! Go away! I'm not a witch!" She yells even louder, then starts crying again.

"Please, I don't think you are. Please little one stop crying. I'm not going to hurt you, I'm not even from that town. My family and I stay in a cottage not too far from here, I have no idea who you are so please stop crying." I say then softly rub her head.

She slowly looks up at me, her eyes full of tears as she wipes off the ones running down her cheeks. She moves the long pieces of her dark hair from her face, then looks at me. For a moment that's all she does, then I can see a faint smile on the edge of her mouth.

"Aloura, is that you. What took you so long. I've been so alone without you." She says sniffing then smiles as though we've known each other our whole lives.

"Wait how do you know my-"

"I'll explain later, loura." She says, then stands and brushes herself off then tells me her name.

"Oh, hello its nice to meet you. Well since you have a name for me, do you mind if I call you-" I start to say.

"Yes, you can call me Al I'd like that." She cuts me off mid sentence again.

Her little hand is reached out for me, I take it and suddenly we're not in the same woods anymore. I see two girls holding hands, both laughing and running through trees and on grass covered in snow. Then I see a large wolf running right next to them, its fur looks almost covered in the soft looking snow.

That's when I realize, the two girls are us just older, we look to be about 18 or 19 years old. Our hair grown longer, we're taller and more curved, we both look beautiful, and the white wolf is mother pacing herself so she won't out run us.

I'm so confused and amazed by the whole thing I don't even realize Al's still holding my hand and is seeing everything I see. We run at a pace Al can keep up with. Father's soon behind as he playfully chases us. We were all together like a family and Al looked so happy, it was the first time I saw her smile, and I don't even know if this is real. Then its over, and we're back standing in the woods as the sound of the burrowing owls chime around us.

"What was that? What just happened? You saw that right, that was us!" I say fascinated and full of questions. Al just smiles and finishes brushing leaves off of her dress.

"That was our future, uncertain as it may be. Those are the kind of things I see all the time, though I'm not entirely sure how you saw it." Al says.

"Wait, how did that happen though?" I ask.

"I can see the future, some of the towns people found out and they treat me like a witch but I'm not. I'm just different. My own family looks at me that way and my father thinks I'm a monster. But not mother, she loves me no matter what. " She says hugging herself.

"There's nothing wrong with being different Al, trust me. I think your special. I won't let anyone hurt you, it's ok now. You saw how happy you were with us, we're gonna be great friends." I say smiling. Something about what I saw reassures me of that. We start to walk further into the woods when Al trips and falls over a rock.

"Are you ok? I ask as I kneel down to help her. Just like that I'm overcome by a glorious and succulent smell that my heart begins to race and my mouth begins to water. I can feel my little fangs start to sharpen.

Al had cut her knee and her beautiful dark red blood started to run down the front of her leg, that's all I need to nearly knock her to the ground and feed. I try and control myself, but the thirst is so overwhelming that I start to lean in.

"Just one taste."