Chapter Five: He had always been a chivalrous man to me.

c h a p t e r f i v e 

H e h a d a l w a y s b e e n a c h i v a l r o u s m a n t o m e

***

'Hi sis didn't know you would be attending this party.' Ivory said smirking. She was dressed in a black dress that started from half the length of her boobs and ended above her mid thighs. Why did she even wear that? Should have come in her bra and underwear only! I looked at her Gucci heels which were about four inches high. Her height was a sad 5'2" and she still looked short even while wearing those heels. I snorted when I remembered her 5'2" frame next to Sebastian's 5'9" frame in high school. Sebastian was a good 6'3" right now.

I am not judging her by clothes but I know for a fact that her only aim in life is too seduce men in her bed. And then date them for their money. She was lucky to find Sebastian who was filthy rich. His good looks and charm were just an extra bonus for her. That woman had dated a 45 year old for his money, I am not even kidding. She was in the tabloid for all the wrong reasons. 

'Well, now you know. If you will excuse me,' I said and left without waiting for her reply.

I started searching for Andrea or Beth but they weren't visible to my eye radar. I decided to go to the bar and order myself a drink instead. I sent Andrea and Beth a text to tell them that I was at the party. I looked around for the hosts of the party but I didn't find them. Almost all of them were wearing masks and five minutes later, a man came up to me and requested me to get my mask on. I took a plain black mask and tied it around my head.

I ordered Black Label and sat on the bar stool.

A man in a navy blue shirt and a huge mask covering almost half his face approached me and said, 'Now why is a beautiful lady like yourself sitting here?'

I giggled when I realized it was Matt. That idiot didn't recognize me.

Even you didn't, you recognized him because of his voice.

My inner conscience mocked.

'Sure, Matt.' I said chuckling.

Matt recognized my voice too and he looked like he was having a seizure.

'Oh my god, Leah,' He said in a surprised tone. His eyes widened every second and he tilted his head to look at me, like a puppy. He looked very cute. 'You look darn amazing!'

I blushed, thank god for the dark lights that he couldn't see it.

'Thanks Matty!' I said, taking a sip from my drink. We talked for a while and Matt mentioned how amazing I looked for at least ten times. Matt left with his friend from the Finance department, not before making me promise that he would have a dance with me.

A girl with beautiful auburn hair sat next to me in a beautiful blue gown. I had a feeling that I knew her. Once, she removed her mask I screamed, 'SHAY!'

She looked at me and realized who I was, 'LEAH! OH MY GOD,'

She got up and hugged me so tightly that I was sure my ribs were on the verge of breaking. But I didn't mind. I had a wide grin adorning my face.

'What are you doing here?' I asked. Shay wasn't exactly friends with Sebastian or Jenna. It had to be one of the two who invited her.

'I was invited by Sebastian,' I raised an eyebrow when she said that, 'Oh, don't get jealous. I am actually dating one of his friends so I am with my boyfriend here.'