Chapter Ten: I feel weak

c h a p t e r t e n 

i f e e l w e a k

***

'Leah?' Blake said, raising his eyebrows. He turned around and called someone, I assumed Sebastian. I waited by the door, confused as fuck. Surely, Sebastian had offered a coffee at his place today? Yes, he specifically said today.

Blake stepped aside and let me enter the penthouse. My eyes widened when I saw all the boys of my school staring at me, confused.

Okay, what the hell is happening?

'I didn't know Sebastian invited you,' Blake told me. So this was a pre-planned party. So why did Sebastian invite me for a coffee? What if he forgot that there was a party...no, that's stupid.

'Sebastian invited me over for a coffee but I didn't know you guys would be here.' I said. Besides, even if they were partying, who the fuck parties on a Tuesday?

Blake gave me a confused look but continued nevertheless, 'Today is Aaron's birthday and Sebastian invited all the boys over to celebrate his birthday. He should be here soon. Oh but that is cool, the boys would love to have you around.'

'I appreciate it but I think I should get going, don't want to intrude in your bromance or something.' I smiled at his offer. He was a changed man now. Not the annoying kid I knew.

'Oh no, Ivory and Shay are here too.' Blake said gesturing to Shay talking to Scott. Ivory and Sebastian were nowhere to be seen.

I smiled as Blake and I went over to where Shay and Scott were talking. Shay squealed when she saw me. Scott waved at me and went with Blake to where the boys were sitting.

I told Shay about everything that happened in the morning and Shay frowned. She probably didn't like the whole idea of Sebastian inviting me for coffee but throwing this little party instead.

'Here he is,' Shay said motioning over to someone standing with the boys. When I looked over at that side, Sebastian was staring right at me and I felt my insides squirm. Something was not right.

Sebastian's voice boomed in the whole of his living room, getting everyone's attention on him, 'Ms. Hastings, what are you doing here? You know, I don't do any office related things at my home.'

Did he really forget?

Or was this some kind of a sick joke.

I was sure that I was red with anger now.

I walked across the room to get to him and pointed a finger at him.

'You invited me for coffee, remember?' I said and everyone was silent.

I heard a snicker from behind me and when I turned around, I was looking at Nicholas. Jessica was right when she called him a 'jerk'. He was much more than that. I glared at him but I heard a snort erupt from Sebastian's mouth.

'When was that exactly?' Sebastian said, trying hard to control his laughter.

'Earlier today in your cabin, if your memory has failed you,' I said through gritted teeth.

'Some things never change, Ms. Hastings. You're still the lying bitch, just to get popular amongst my friends? This isn't high school, such a low move...' Sebastian stopped.

'I should have known better than to trust you, cunt.' I spat venomously. He embarrassed me in front of everyone. He knew I feared public humiliation and he had promised not to do anything to humiliate me.