Chapter Eighteen: Your time starts now.

c h a p t e r e i g h t e e n 

y o u r t i m e s t a r t s n o w

***

I had gotten over a couple of hours sleep before I made my way back to Parker Co. Eric Parker – contrary to his cousin, Sebastian – was surprisingly sweet. He was just three years elder to me and not to mention very handsome. I could see that he attracted every woman in his vicinity and the stares of women in their late thirty's were the creepiest. I got the creeps by their stares, when they weren't even looking at me, I wondered how Eric felt.

Thankfully, the "Yulu's" problem was solved. I bit back a smile remembering how Sebastian called Yvonne's company wrong purposely.

Here we go again...stop thinking about Sebastian.

I shook my head and proceeded to the elevator. I greeted Lily as she filed me on what happened the previous day – the usual deals and contracts. Fortunately, or unfortunately, I didn't see Sebastian the whole day because Beth insisted on taking all the files to him...like always, she was behaving like a love struck puppy.

At around the office closing time, she came back with a huge grin on her face. I honestly couldn't think of a reason of why I was getting pissed at the grin on her face.

I just wanted to wipe that stupid grin off her face. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that she went to Sebastian's office and came back like she'd carrying his baby.

'What's up with you?' I asked her, trying not to sound irritated. She still didn't wipe that grin off her face.

'Oh...it's just...' Now why the fuck is she blushing? I narrowed my eyes at her, urging her to continue further.

'I am going on a date with Sebastian.'

'Oh.' That was all I managed to say before someone interrupted us by barging inside the cabin. Someone I hadn't seen in years and someone I didn't longer associate with.

Adam Hastings.

'Father.' I said curtly. He didn't reply and looked at Beth, who left immediately taking the hint of the 'family time' my father wanted. Beth gave me one last look and I told her to get her things and leave. I looked at my watch and clearly I had overworked today and everyone must have left by now...including Beth now. On second thoughts, I actually thought of calling her back. I really didn't want to be with my father alone.

My father cracked a smile before continuing, 'Glad to find you in such good health, Leah.'

Wow, he really knew how to hit a nerve.

I kept a straight face before replying, 'Yeah, not associating with some people did some wonders for me.' I smirked a little when I saw him glaring at me.

'Still the same old immature Leah,' Adam said smirking and I rolled my eyes.

'Get to the point dad, I don't have time for your bullshit.' I said curtly and he glared at me again, like he'd shoot me with a gun. As an army lieutenant, one thing he disliked the most was when people stood up to his authority or questioned it. I had done both in my lifetime and that is exactly why he didn't want me a daughter.