(11) Breakdown

||AZACIA'S POV||

"Good morning, everyone," I say, strolling into the French class. I'm late. Again.
"Take a seat, Miss Jones," Miss Roux gestures.
"Take a seat, Miss Jones," I mimic her. Taking my seat, I push my sunglasses off my face and onto my head. Roux glares at me before continuing her lesson. Once she's finished she assigns us activities from the workbook. "And Azacia, the rest of the class has no homework except you. For disrespecting me in class, you can finish the comprehension on pg 14," she huffs.
"What ever floats your boat, Miss," I say, sending a mock salute. She glares at me from behind her desk and I suppress a smirk.

"Why so feisty today, Princess?" Hot breathe fans against my neck. I turn to face a smirking Grayson. I deadpan and go back to my work. "Silent treatment?" He asks. I ignore him.
"Fine, princess. But I'm gonna get it out of you somehow,"

For the rest of the lesson, Grayson is quiet and doesn't bother me. That is until the lesson ends. "Tell me what's wrong," Grayson pouts, his chin resting on my shoulder.
I put my books in my locker and turn to face him. "I'm f*ck ass tired," I tell him.
"You mean tired as f*ck?"
"Nope. I mean f*ck ass tired, Grayson,"

He looks at me for a moment before grabbing my hand. "Let's go," he says. "Go where?" I question. "It's a surprise," he grins and I enter his Porsche. Running my hand along the interior.

"I'm surprised you're not freaking out right now," Grayson says.
"Why would I do that?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.
"We just skipped school,"
I laugh. "You think I've never skipped before? Naive little Grayson,"
"It's just that I've never seen you skip before," he shrugs.
"You've never really seen me, Grayson," I smile a little.
He thinks about this for a moment, before muttering something under his breathe. "I'm sorry," he says to me as we pull up outside a lovely building. The exterior is matte black and from the window looking in, there's a small fire place inside.
"C'mon," Grayson says, opening my door for me. I hadn't even realized he'd gotten out.
"Thanks," I say as we make our way inside.
Once inside, I realize it's a coffee shop. Right at the back, there's a counter with different desserts and behind that is the coffee machinery. On the right hand side of the store, there's a whole wall full of books. The spines ranging from colors like red, green and yellow to brown, blue and black. There's even purple!

"This place is perfect," I whisper.
Grayson looks at me and smiles. A genuine smile. "You like it?"
"I love it," I say. "Thanks for bringing me here," I say, hugging him. He chuckles and I quickly release. "I'll go order the coffee," he says. "I'll have a cappuccino," I tell him.
Next to the mini library there are beanbags laid out for whoever wants to read. On the left hand side are all the tables, where people either sit on their laptops drinking coffee or engaging in light conversations with their partner, friend or family member.

"Here you go," Grayson hands me my cappuccino as we grab a table and have a seat. "Thanks," I say, pulling out my purse to pay him back. "Keep it," Grayson says. "You sure?" I ask him. He nods. "Fine, but next time, coffee's on me," I smile.
"Next time?" Grayson smirks, a glint in his eyes. I feel the heat in my cheeks. I just implied he was going to take me here again. "Yeah, next time I'll bring you to my coffee house," I smile.
"Okay, princess," he says, taking a sip of his coffee.
"So, is this a date?" I tease Grayson.
"Let me think," he says, resting his finger on his chin. "Do you want it to be?"
"That depends," I say. "How many other girls have you brought here?"
"Surprisingly, none. You're the first one,"
"Awww. I'm touched," I say, bringing my hand to my chest in a mock gesture.
Grayson laughs. I laugh too. "You know, princess, if you want to come here anytime, just call me," he smiles. I smile too, but before I can say anything back, my phone rings. Pulling it out my pocket, I answer it.