(17) I think I like him

^^listen to the song at the top

|| AZACIA'S POV ||

I sit up in bed, fighting the urge to go back to sleep. Me being me, I decided to stay up late and watch Netflix.  Now, I look at my alarm clock and I'm running late. Quickly, I rush to the bathroom and take a shower. When I'm done, I change into black leggings with a black tank top and black cardigan. I add some black vans and I'm ready to go.

I run down the stairs

I run down the stairs. Without grabbing coffee or any food, I make my way outside and head off in the direction of school.

I make my way into school, just as the bell for class rings. Quickly, I grab my Biology things and walk into class along with the last horde of students. 

Biology is dull as usual. I pack up my books and make my way to my locker. As I open it, I feel a bit dizzy. I shake my head, putting my books in my locker.
When I close it again, I feel vertigo and have to hold on to my locker in order to keep from falling.
"Hey, princess," I hear Grayson's voice.
I try to open my mouth to respond.
"Gray-"
I feel my eyeballs retreat into my head. Eyes shut.
Everything goes black.

===

"I'm not leaving her," I hear someone say. It sounds like Grayson.

I will my eyes to open.
"Where am I? What happened?" The panic starts to sink in. I look around. Grayson, a nurse.
"Hey, princess," Grayson gives me a gentle smile and sits upon the bed in which I lay.
"What happened?" I ask him.
"Oh princess. You passed out, right in front of me." He says. He grabs my hand and starts rubbing little circles on it.
"I was so worried about you," he says.
Something about this gesture makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
"I took you to the nurses office and haven't left since then," he tells me. The look in his eyes show real concern and I almost melt looking at them. I turn my gaze away from him. Afraid of what I might say if I stared into his eyes for much longer.
"How long have I been out for?" I ask him, staring at his feet.
"About an hour," he says.
"Oh," is all I can manage.

"Right." The old nurse says, walking back into the room.
When did she leave?
"Azacia is it? Did you eat breakfast this morning?" She asks me.
I shake my head. "No,"
"And what time did you go to bed last night?"
Avoiding her eyes, I answer truthfully. "3 am"
When I look back up at her, she smiles. "I believe that's what caused you to pass out, because there seems to be nothing else wrong with you," she clasps her hands together.
"Thank god," Grayson says, a relieved smile on his face. "Thank you so much," he tells the nurse.
He then has me sit up, before grabbing my legs and hoisting me over his shoulder.

"Grayson, what are you doing?" I laugh, my stomach doing somersaults.
He chuckles. "You're fine."
"Grayson, put me down," I tell him.
"I'm feeling a bit dizzy again."
At that, he stops. Gently, he places me back on the ground.
"Thank you," I say, leaning my back against the lockers and closing my eyes.
When I open them, Grayson is centimeters from my face.
"Why did you only go to bed at 3 a.m.? You know you need at least 8 hours of sleep," he chastises me. His sweet breathe fans my face.
"You smell like candy," I tell him.
"That's not the point, Az. Why do you do this to yourself?" He asks, genuinely concerned.
He looks so cute, with his face scrunched up with worry.
I smile at the thought.
"I'm sorry. It won't ever happen again," I tell him.
"Good," he begins walking again. I fall into sync with him.
"Candy?" He offers me Skittles.
"Ah. So that's why you're so sweet," I joke.
He nudges me playfully and I laugh.

As we walk, I think of everything Grayson's done today, past days. Everything.
I think of that look in his eyes. One thing becomes clear:

I think I like him.

=•=•=•=

I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU EXPECT FROM ME, BUT DON'T EXPECT MUCH.

YES, I KNOW IT'S SHORT, BUT YOU GOT WHAT YOU WANTED, SO GIVE ME A BREAK?

IF THIS DIDN'T LIVE UP TO EXPECTATIONS, YOUR EXPECTATIONS ARE EXCEPTIONALLY HIGH.

Okay. Okay.
Yay!
She likes him 🙌🏽

It took her long enough...