#17: Fubuki

Valt's POV

"Ummmmmmmmm..." I need to think of something to get this kid to go away. I'm pretty sure Shu said his name was Fubuki, earlier. "Fubuki,"
"Does this mean you can battle now?" Fubuki asked, interrupting me in the process.
"Um, Fubuki. I'm sorry but I still can't battle today." I try explaining to Fubuki.
"But you were battling right now, weren't you?" Fubuki is still questioning me.
"Umm," I start, but luckily Shu jumps in front of me before I do something stupid.
"I'm sorry but V-Shu can't battle today," Shu says for me.
"Who are you?" Fubuki asks as he looks at me for an explanation.
"This is S-Valt, my best friend. He's the number 1 blader in the world. And I just couldn't give up the opportunity to battle him. I've got to improve my skills, you know." I laugh dryly, I probably didn't sound like Shu at all, but I can worry about that later. Once Fubuki leaves us alone.
"Yeah! Shu just couldn't wait to battle me." Shu backs me up, with the answer I gave Fubuki. Shu then walks over to me and pulls me down by the tie I'm wearing. "We meet every Friday tell him we'll battle next week Friday," Shu whispers into my ear, he then lets go of my tie, and walks over to Fubuki. "So what's your bey Fubuki?" Shu aks Fubuki, as I walk over to the two of them.
"It's... So can we battle today Shu?" Fubuki is still not giving up on having a battle today.
"I'm sorry Fubuki, but I have a project due at four today that I have to go turn in. How about we battle next week Friday?" I told him, what Shu told me to tell him. I also added some other things to the excuse.
"Ok, I guess I can do my homework anyway. So I can spend the whole weekend practicing to beat you, Shu." I laugh a little at his response at how he reminds me so much of myself. "Bye Shu, bye Valt!" Fubuki yells behind him as he runs away. Both me and Shu wave at Fubuki's fading figure.
"So what's that project you need to turn in by four?" Shu asks me, as we start walking back to our sides of the stadium.
"Remember that video we had to do for Social Studies?' I ask Shu.
"Yes." He tells me.
"Well I didn't turn that in yet, and I have to turn it in by four. Or I fail Social Studies." I explain to Shu packing his bag and handing him Spryzen. I don't want to hold Spryzen anymore than I have to. I swear that Beyblade just tried to possess me. I don't know if it was really possessing me, cause I don't know how that feels. Or if that Beyblade always has that strong of an aura.
"Thank you, wait how ill you fail Social Studies?" He asks me bewildered.
"Remember how you showed up earlier in the school year than me, since I was in Spain?" I ask him.
"Yeah, but how does that get to do with anything." He asks me back as he starts packing up too.
"Since I came late I don't have a lot of grades, so if I fail this project my grade will go down, to an F. And then I won't be able to Beyblade, because my mom will take away Valtryek!" I explain to him in a frantic motion.
"Then I guess we should be heading to your house then. It's already three." Shu tells me as he hands me Valtryek, and starts walking away.
"Hey, where are you going!" I call out to him.
"To your house of course." He replies to me as I run to catch up to him.
"What about tonight, I can't stay in your apartment alone. I'll starve to death." I exclaim to Shu.
"Why would you starve, I swear I just bought a whole bunch of food the other day," Shu states, wondering what I meant when I told him I would starve.
"Well I don't know how to cook, so I can't cook anything to eat, so I would starve. Do you want me to starve Shu? Do you want me to starve!" I yell at him, which isn't probably the best thing to do. Now that I'm the number one blader in the world and Shu is the runner-up, a lot more people know us. And I'm sure that they would find it strange, that Shu Kurenai is calling Valt Aoi, his own name.
"No I don't want you to starve Valt," Shu starts saying. "How about we tell your mom, that you're coming to my apartment for a sleepover."
"That might just work," I mumble as I start thinking of what can fail in Shu's plan. The next five minutes go by in silence. Me and Shu just continue walking on the path towards my house. Until the path ends and we are met by my house, I was about to go open the door, until Shu puts a hand on my shoulder. I stop and turn around to face him, to see why he stopped me.
"Maybe I should open the door," Shu suggests to me, I nod and let him walk in front of me. Shu goes up to MY house and opens the door. I follow him in once he takes off my shoes, and I do the same with his. Nobody seems to be home, as they would have greeted us already, so I head towards the kitchen, looking for some kind of treat. I open up the fridge and find a piece of beybead and grab it, I close the fridge and I go to find Shu. I find him in the living room holding a piece of paper, with some tape on it.
Wa-ht arrr---e y- h-ldi..." I ask Shu. Shu just looks at me funny and points to the piece of beybread in my mouth.
"What are you holding?" I question him again after I remove the piece of beybread from my mouth.
"A note from your mother." He responds after he heard what I said the second time.
"What does it say?" I say as I move to look over his shoulder, which is now easier due to my height.
Dear Valt,
I forgot to tell you this morning but I won't be back till 10 pm tonight, and the twins are on a class trip. So I won't be there to cook you dinner. Maybe you can call Shu and stay over with him for the night. If not there is fruit in the fridge.
Mom
"Well, this makes it easier for us." Shu states after I read the note.
"Yeah, definitely," I tell him as I start heading up the stairs. And towards my bedroom.
"Hey, where are you going?" Shu called after me, as he ran up the stairs after me.
"I'm going to pack my bag for you," I told Shu simply.
"Oh ok," Shu said as he walked down the stairs and to the living room to wait. I finish packing and walk down the stairs, ready to go until I remember something.
"I forgot to do my project!" I yell, as I put my bag on the floor, and run back upstairs to my bedroom. I open my computer and press the turn in button. What I didn't realize was that Shu followed me back up.
"That was all you had to do for your project." He stated mad.
"Hahahaha."

Sorry about yesterday. I just didn't have the motivation to write another chapter. But I'm feeling better today!

Headcanon:
Fubuki and Shu meet every Friday and practice together.