Chapter 94 - Growing Up

In response to the familiar nickname, he'd always call her, Emilia's previous expression of shyness transformed into embarrassment, and then rage.

"You--!"

Tilting her head innocently to the side, Mimi arches her brows. "Hmm? What's wrong? I am only stating the facts."

Fuming even further towards her words, Emilia grits her teeth resentfully.

She had forgotten on their first encounter what a shameless being Andras really was. He practically pretended to flirt with her so he could steal her necktie!

"You...You dare talk to me that way?"

"En, I do," Mimi replied lightly.

"My father is a superior figure in this industry! Once he hears what you said to me, he'll..."

Before Emilia could finish her sentence, a soft jade-like finger pressed gently against her lips.

Yet unlike the tender touch on her lips, the look in the young boy's eyes was anything but sweet and tender. A dark shadow clouded over them as a smile laced beautifully on her lips.

"Ms. Yimo, I don't enjoy being threatened. Especially by someone like you." Mimi smiled as she withdrew her finger from Emilia's lips. "And for your information, I have every right to speak to my employees that way if they're not doing their job correctly or causing trouble in my company. Don't forget while you're here your status means nothing to me or those around you."

The more Mimi spoke the more silent Emilia became, her previous rage put on hold as she stared stunned.

"Now, since we let that all out. How about I have Jean explain to you your job again, and this time she'll be sure to ask if you have any questions along the way."

Jean's brows twitch towards her words. Why did she have to do it again?

Last time she checked, Mimi's entire schedule was empty as she cleared it just so she could evilly spy on Ms. Yimo.

Sighing, Jean inwardly shook her head.

"Ms. Yimo, this way please."

Emilia was too angry and humiliated to speak, but upon hearing Jean's voice did she snap.

"No, I won't! I quit!" Emilia stomped her foot angrily. "I don't want to work for an arrogant, shameless, playboy for another second!"

Not allowing the two the chance to speak, Emilia lifts her chin high and storms away from them.

With an unreadable expression, Mimi watches Emilia's figure fade away. After a few moments of staring down at the floor, did Mimi walk toward the elevator.

Jean observed the young girl's lack of expression from the start and furrowed her brows.

What was with this reaction? Did Ms. Yimo's words affect into going silent?

Entering the elevator, Jean presses the button for the top floor and stands beside Mimi, who continued to drop her head towards the floor.

Her reaction seemed completely out of Jean's expectation of the girl. Usually, she'd be laughing up a storm or saying something perverted, yet not a sound came out of her.

Just as Jean was about to ask if she was all right, the sound of a muffled giggle escaped the girl.

Mimi burst out into fits of squeals and giggles, her bright eyes turning to look at Jean.

"Jeanie, did you hear what she called me? She called me an arrogant, shameless, playboy!" Mimi squealed.

Winding her arms around her shoulders, a blissful smile spread across her rosy lips.