Chapter 141 - Six Year Stalker

Mimi spent the whole afternoon busying herself with work. She went to her phone to read documents from her company and began approving them. Mimi forwarded messages to her assistant Jean to dispatch contracts and renew the older ones.

Just as she finished, it had already been the end of the day. Mimi sat in a lounge and stared out at the hued view.

The sun was setting yet she still had so much to do!

Mimi sighed in her heart and propped her chin on her palm.

"Do you still have work to do?"

Mimi gazed up at the figure standing in front of her and blinked. At that moment, her cool and composed appearance melted and turned into one of a spoiled kitten.

Puckering her red lips, she whined, "It's so hard, Toby! Look at the sky, it's going to sleep yet I still have work to do! It's unfair!"

Observing the girl's spoiled act, Tobias smiled bashfully, not speaking. He moved to sit beside her on the sofa and quietly stared. Mimi's mouth twitched upon witnessing his gaze.

Tobias asked, "How much have you completed?"

"Mmm...Maybe half of my work?" Mimi murmured.

"Do you think half enough as a CEO?"

At this, Mimi frowned. "Not everyone's an ice-cold working machine like you, Toby! Unlike you, I was playing matchmaker and healing relationships this week!"

"Oh?" His eyes lit up with amusement.

"Mhm! By the end of this month, you'll be seeing a new office couple walking in here!"

Tobias listened to the girl ramble with a soft expression. By the end of her rant, Mimi helplessly collapsed on the edge of the sofa.

Tobias sighed and patted her back.

In a soft tone he said, "If you complete all of your work today, I'll treat you out all day tomorrow. Whatever you want I'll buy for you, okay?"

Mimi's eyes flashed and her body stiffened. She gave a glance to the man beside her from the corner of her eyes before flashing an unreadable smile.

"Okay! But not tomorrow, how about the day after?"

Tobias's eyebrow rose curiously. "Why not tomorrow?"

"I have plans tomorrow."

There wasn't much change in Tobias's expression, as he already had a cold face, but his eyes seemed to darken a little.

"What plans?"

"Just a scheduled arrangement."

"With whom?"

Mimi's expression hadn't changed throughout this exchange, her eyes meeting his burning gaze, "No one. Just myself."

She made a scheduled arrangement with herself?

Tobias's expression remained cold as he no longer pursued the matter. Mimi noticed his silence and sighed helplessly in her heart.

Gently, she poked Tobias on his thigh and looked up at him with a sweet smile. "We can hang out the day after, I promise!"

Feeling the girl's light pokes on his thigh, Tobias's brows twitched. He cast his eyes downwards to stare at the girl gazing up at him with an appeasing, honeyed expression.

Her beautiful eyes formed into crescent moons, the purple sparkle in them shines. Tobias's icy expression melted away, revealing a sparkling warmth hidden beneath.