Chapter 5: We're soaring, flying... Kinda

Jason's perspective

"Well, what took you so long?!" Sam says, clearly irritated as Alex and me walk into his room. "The line in McDonald's was longer than expected." Alex says, as he throws his hands in the air in defense. "You and those damn chicken nuggets Alex! I wanted pizza, but NOOO every time those chicken nuggets." "It's tradition!" Alex says sheepishly. "Since WHEN?" It's so fun to watch them interact. "Oh my god stop crying like a baby I brought you a pizza too." Sam's face turns into a wide smile. "Pizza Hawaï?" He asks. "Cursed but yes." Alex grins. "OH and I also brought a Jason." He says, as he points at me, awkwardly. "Well well." Sam smirks. "And it's me that just thought the pizza was my meal. Hello." "Alex' eyes widen as he gives his best friend a punch in the arm. Sam's eyes dance in pleasance and I start laughing too. "Anytime." I say, as I wink at him playfully. I like these guys, they're funny. Then we all sit down on Sam's bed with the food in front of us.

"So, what's your sudden problem with chicken nuggets?" Alex asks, looking like Sam had just hurt his feelings before turning on the TV. "Jeeeeezzuus you're not going to let this go are you?" Sam asks annoyed. "It's just, it's chicken. Chicken is just perfect." Alex says with wide eyes. "Well yes okay okay chicken is perfect but you can't eat chicken nuggets every time we watch high school musical, we need a change." "You did not just say that." Alex gasps. "It's tradition!" "No one said that!" Sam shouts. Christ were they always like this? I think, but finding it rather amusing. "Come on guys stop fighting and just start watching whatever this movie is." I say. On that moment Sam and Alex just blink blankly at me, as they think I had just made a joke. Then their eyes turn bigger as they gasp, in pure shock. "Are you being serious?" Alex says. "I can't believe you Jason, you're an actual hopeless case." Sam says. "What?" I ask in confusion. "You never saw these?" Alex asks. I shake my head. "I can't believe you never saw these movies! You never saw Troy Bolton sing for me? He's absolutely beautiful." Sam says, dreamy. "OH shut up," Alex says, rolling his eyes. "He isn't singing for you, but keep on dreaming." "Yeah, he is, he just doesn't know it yet because that bitch Gabriella keeps jumping in front of him." Sam says annoyed. Alex shakes his head, before turning on the first movie.

A key is turning as we are at the end of the last movie. The clock shows 01:15 AM. I'm so glad the weekend starts tomorrow. I can sleep long. A boy walks into the room. He's wearing a football tenue, and his brown hair is dripping from the pouring rain. His face twists from a smile in a disgusting look as he sees us, looking at us as we're garbage. "What are they doing here?" He asks. "Hi to you too Parker." Alex says annoyed. "You smell like you lost the game." Sam says, without turning his head to the door. "Fuck off." The boy says back. "No but seriously, take a shower, you smell." Sam says, looking at the stranger now. "You found another one of your kind to watch those kind of movies with? Damn you should start a club." The boy mumbles under his breath, before turning on the shower and closing the door. A loud "excuse me what's that suppose to mean?" comes from Sam, but he can't hear him anymore. He doesn't really look like he hasn't heard it before too. It makes my stomach turn.

"So, I assume that's your roommate?" I ask. "Jup, that's Parker." Sam says, clearly being irritated to even say his name." "Someone should kick him in the ass." I say. "Why in the ass? I wanna kick that pretty face of his until he cries." Sam says. "Why haven't you?" I ask him. "W-have you seen him?" Sam's eyes widen. "And have you seen me? He probably has more muscles in his big toe than I have in my whole body. He would just break me into pieces. Im like porcelain." "You're overreacting." Alex rolls his eyes. "Am I? Am I really? Remember that time I tried to fight you and you just accidentally broke my arm by just grabbing it? I had to wear a cast for 6 weeks!" Sam shouts. "You really broke his arm by just holding it?" I say in disbelief." They both nod with big eyes. "I really did just grab your arm tho, I diddn't even pull it hard." Alex says concerned.

"But anyways, the football guys are coming tomorrow evening, would it be okay if I crashed at your guys' room tommorow night?" Sam says. He looks at me with the bluest eyes I have ever seen. My eyes are blue too, but a different kind of blue. While his eyes are kind of a warm toned blue, my eyes are more like a greyish, icy kind. "Yeah ofcourse you can, stay for as long as you want." I smile. I see Alex looking my way. He looks happy. It gives me a weird feeling. Like a twist in my stomach, but not a bad kind of twist. Like, a kind of twist that makes you feel nauseaus, but kind of in a good way...? If that makes sense. They both give me a meaningful smile. "So, I guess you both should go back to your room now, it's getting pretty late. I'm going to try and get some sleep too, because school is actually draining me." Sam smiles. "You sure you don't wanna come with us tonight?" Alex asks. "Nah, I wanna get Parker back for the little comment he made before. He looked pretty tired. So i'm the perfect person to get on his nerves. Thanks tho." He says, devilishly. "Alright, night Sammy." Alex says, ruffling Sam's hair in a mess while they hug and catching an annoyed glare from him. "Night." I smile at him, getting a night and a warm smile back. "Have fun." He winks, before closing the door behind us.

Before Alex can give his response, the door already closes, leaving us in an awkward silence. I look at him. He's turning a light red. It's more of a pinkish light red, but still noticable because of his pale skin. "I-i," He starts to stutter. I giggle. The sight of him is just adorable. So before he can finish his sentence, I grab him by the sleeve. "Come on." I laugh, guiding him to our room. Because Im scared that if I had been in that moment for any longer, I would had done something I might've regret in the future. "Red really does suit your face by the way." I grin, before opening our room. I can't see his reaction. But I can already guess it. And the feeling it gives me makes me happier than I ever have been in my entire life.