Chapter 10: I really like you... Part 1

Alex' perspective
"I'm gay." Sam stops cursing at the dvd player and turns around to look at me. "What?" "I-I'm..gay?" I gulp. "No no, I heard you.." Sam's face becomes serious and he sits next to me. It's silent for a moment. Then he puts his arm around me. "A little bit gay is okay." He tells me while smiling. I have to laugh at that. "Even if I'm VERY?" I look at him. "bitch look at me who do you think I am? AHH I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!" O MY GOD MY FRIEND IS GAY I'M TAKING YOU TO PRIDE!!!" I roll my eyes. "we've been to pride every year since the moment you came out." Sammy rolls them back at me. "YES.BUT.THIS.WILL.BE.YOUR.FIRST.PRIDE.AS.A.GAYY! I'm SO buying you a flag." I keep smiling at him. I don't think he realises that I'm not just suddenly gay. I probably have been for a long time. Ha. Denial. A funny thing. He can be ridicoulously loud and jumpy sometimes, but I love him for that. "Sooo..." He draws his eyebrows in question. "What?" I ask. "Is it because of pretty boyy?" He says, still doing weird flexible things with his eyebrows. "What?" Sam sighs irritated. "Do you know because of Jason?" At that moment the door opens. "Know what because of me?"

And there he is, an angel, a god, a Jason. A pretty boy from a song. Opening the door, looking at us questionably. "I-uh I..." I stutter, but Sam jumps in. "He uh- that... That purple is his new favorite color!" He points at the new curtains. He looks proud of himself for fixing this. "Yes!" I just sigh out. Jason looks at the two of us. "Okay... So, are going to watch the movie now?" I nod.

Sam is going to sleep over at his new "boyfriend?"  tonight, so we take our goodbyes. I know that he's only sleeping over by the new guy so that he didn't have to be around Parker, and he knows he can stay at ours too. But he practically winked as he closed the door, so that's something. The minute the door closes, Jason turns around to look at me. "So, what was that all about?" I look at him with a confused look. "What do you mean?" "Alex, you were nervous all evening, did I do something wrong?" My eyes become bigger. "O-offcourse not it's just-" "Just what? Tell me." He says softly. "Well I- I I'm almost whispering now. It's just, I know you don't wanna talk about it yet but-" "Right.." He stares at the floor. "You don't have to tell me, I'm just worried." It's a lot easier to look at him when his eyes are concentrated on the floor. "I-" He starts.

Jason's perspective
My throat went dry. No. I can't tell him this. He wouldn't see me the same anymore. I don't want this to fail again. I really like him. "I-" I try again. I close my eyes. "I have to go." I start walking and walking faster. The door I just shut close opens again and Alex walks in a speed pace to me. "Jason, wait!" I start running. "I- I have to go!" I shout at him.

I start running and running. And I keep running to the other side of the buildings. I don't really know my way around here, Alex and Sam showed me a few places, as the woman who showed me around on the first day I got here. I open the locker rooms and sit down on the cold grey floor. A tear comes. Then another one. Shit. I stay there for a while, to calm down. for a long while, I think. I feel horrible. I really want to tell someone, I just can't. When I come back to the room, Alex is asleep. The clock shows 4. It's a school day tommorow, and I want to be out of the room before Alex is. Tommorow is going to be a long day.