Chapter 21 - Friends!!

🍁"Vibe Speak Louder Than Words"🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyler's P.O.V.

Standing next to her bed, I saw her sitting with her head bowed down, her fingers fidgeting. She looked all uncomfortable and stuck. I don't know why but somewhere deep inside I felt like I could read her very clearly in this present moment. She looked like she wanted to run away, way too far from everyone. I felt like she's an open book.

"How did this happen?", Her dad asked standing next to her. Lines of worry were clearly evident on his forehead.

"Are you alright? Do you get any fracture?", Her mom who was sitting next to her on the medical room's bed asked worriedly.  She was concerned about Bryce too.

"We're glad that nothing serious happened to you", Yasmine, her stepmom said. Bryce didn't speak. She just simply nods her head in a yes or no.

"Who did this to you? Tell me the name of that guy", her dad asked. He definitely looked pissed. I can see how possessive he was for his daughter.

"It was no one's fault. Chill", Bryce said coldly. Why is she like this? She always pushes people who care for her away. She's so stupid. Her ignorance drives me crazy a hell lot of times. Only, if she could open her stupid big black eyes and look around, she can see how much people love her. Her dad, her mom, Yasmine, everyone.

"Let's take you home then", her dad said and he walked out of the medical room to fill the form and to ask permission from the teachers to take Bryce home. Now, it was Bryce, her mom, Yasmine and I in the room.

Why am I still here?, I thought!!

"Do you want to come home with me?", Her mom offered.

"No. I'm fine. I'll stay with dad", She said.

"Will you come to Bryce's birthday party?", Yasmine asked looking at Bryce's mom. I don't know her real mom's name.

"I wish I could come but I'm flying to Brazil with Jimmy", Said Mrs. Trevor.

"I'm sorry dear. I will make it up to you as soon as I will come back", she said holding Bryce's hands.

"It's ok", Bryce replied. She glanced at me for the first time in the past twenty minutes and then looked away. Ok, what does that mean? Did she look at me normally? Does that mean I should leave the room? Or is she conveying something to me?

Will you stop giving yourself that much importance in her life? You exist, that's all she knows about you, my inner self gave me a self-check.

"Oh my god. What the hell?", A dramatic pitch echoed inside the room and I rolled my eyes.

"Kimberly", Bryce seemed surprised. She glanced at me and I shrugged my shoulders. I've to tell this annoying girl Kimberly that we can't come to meet her because Bryce is injured. I don't have any option.

"We should leave the kids to talk", Yasmine said and Mrs. Trevor nodded. Both the ladies left us. Brian walked inside as soon as the ladies were out.

"What happened to you? Are you ok? Did he do anything?", Kimberly asked pointing her thumb towards me.

"Excuse me?", I chimed in.