Chapter 22 - Invitation!!

🍁"We wear our chaos on the inside,
Where no one can see this"🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bryce's P.O.V.

I came back home and slept under the effect of sedatives the doctor gave me. I woke up at around eight in the night. My head was still hurting. As soon as I wake up, I saw Luke sitting next to me on my bed. His notebooks were open. He must be doing his homework.

Groaning, I sat down on the bed. He looked up from his notebook and placing his pencil in between the book, he closed it. He picked up the mug, he bought for my birthday and poured water in it from the jar next to the mug.

"Drink some water", he said and I glanced at the mug which says, 'Happy Birthday to World's best sister'.

"Thanks", I replied and gulped down the water in one go. He walked towards me on his knees and touched my forehead with his small palm.

"Is it hurting now?", He asked looking at me with his chocolate brown eyes. Luke's eyes remind me of Kyler.

"I'm fine. Why are you here?", I asked removing his palm from my forehead. I learnt my lesson. This kid doesn't need to be punished for the sins the elder ones made. I suffered a lot already. Let him enjoy his childhood, unlike me.

"I'm doing my homework. I stayed because I thought when you'll wake up, you will need someone to be with you", he said.

"Aren't you too young to be this responsible?", I asked biting back my laugh. Just look who is talking? This seven-year-old thinks he could help me anyways. Oh, poor kid. He has gone crazy at such a young age.

He stands up on the bed. I looked at his small petite figure. He showed me his tiny hand and said, "I'm your brother. It's my duty to protect you. I will make sure no boy hurts you or else I'll beat them". He fisted his tiny palm at the end sentence. I blinked my eyes several times and looked at his four feet body from up and down. I couldn't resist and started laughing hard. It hurts my muscles and my head but I couldn't stop laughing.

"Why are you laughing?", He frowned.

"You're so cute", I said and he frowned. He sat next to me folding his legs.

"I'm not a kid anymore. Don't call me cute. I'm seven years old already", he said. I chuckled.

"I'm turning seventeen this Sunday. I'm older than you. I still can't beat anyone and you dare to say that you'll beat anyone who troubles me. You cracked a joke. I laughed", I said. I couldn't stop grinning.

"What's going on here?", Yasmine walked inside holding the tray of food with her. She had a smile on her face. My smile fades away.

"Bryce sis is laughing at me", Luke complaint and I rolled my eyes. Kids, I tell you.

"You must have said something stupid", Yasmine said and then she glanced at me. Placing the tray next to me on the bed, she said, "It's good that you wake up. Now, eat something and take some medicine".

"Thanks", I said and she nodded.

"Let's go back to your room, Luke. Bryce needs some rest. Don't disturb her", Yasmine said whilst picking up all the books of Luke from my bed. He looked at me.