Chapter 29 - Wingman!!

🍁"I was social distancing before it was cool"🍁

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyler's P.O.V.

I took a deep breath in and exhale out. I was annoyed. I was pissed. Again, what am I exactly doing outside her house? Bryce Decker rejected my proposal and said yes to my brother for lunch. But here I'm working as a fuc**ng chauffeur. Why? Because Caleb begged me to drive Bryce in his car because he had to meet his girlfriend Olin. He took my bike with him. I hope my baby bike is safe. I don't trust anyone with my bike. Caleb is an exception but I'm still doubtful.

Leaving a disappointed sigh again, I glanced again at the entrance of her house. Why did she reject me? What exactly am I lacking? I'm being such a nice guy to her. I respect her. I never hurt her feelings. Okay maybe, I have read her diary which I should not have but isn't that one mistake unapologetic? I did say sorry.

Forget it. She just hates you. It's her call, my mind said.

I saw the main door opening. I quickly glanced at my reflection in the mirror. Wait a second. Why am I even concerned about how I look? She does not get impressed anyways. I feel she has some sort of Kyler repellant pendant or something with her. It must be a gift from that annoying girl Kimberly. I can't stand that friend of Bryce ever.

I looked up and saw her. The moment my eyes fell on her beautiful sun-kissed face, I forgot how to breathe. My eyes forgot how to even blink. I couldn't look away. She was walking towards the car with her eyes fixed to the ground. She's so gorgeous. Her beauty isn't only confided to her outer appearance but it also includes the way her eyes held nervousness, the way her posture depicts how she's feeling out of place and exposed, the way her hands hold the bag tightly because of the insecurities she's holding inside her heart, that's what makes my heart melt. She's uncomfortable still she takes so much effort for the one guy she likes, for the one guy who doesn't even know about her feelings for him, for the one guy who she knows can never be hers and yet she loves me. Anyone would die to have this one-sided pure love. Caleb is a lucky bast**d. I envy him. Period.

She opened the car's door and sat inside. I regretted it so much. I was so immersed in admiring her that I forgot to do the chivalry. She put on the seat belt and then glanced at me. I was staring at her shamelessly already.

"Shall we go?", She asked. I stared at her beautiful black onyx eyes who were not hidden behind the glasses today. Her brown hair were braided and some strands were left loose. The small earrings were adding grace to her whole look.

Why doesn't she show up like this everyday?, I thought.

In a way it's good that she doesn't, else there'll be tons of guys going after her, My mind replied.

I gulped nervously and said, "You look really beautiful". I admitted.

Her ears and nose turned red and she looked away immediately. She's blushing. How can she be this adorable? God, this is so unfair. I wanna kiss her so badly right now.