fourteen

For the most part since summer started, waking up had been extremely unpleasant, it was the worst part of my day.

Except today.

For the first time in a very long time, I woke up happy and ready to start the day.

I woke up to the sun shining in through the curtains with Harry's arms wrapped around my body, and my arms wrapped around his torso.

We slept in the same bed for the first time since we were kids.

"Good morning Bella," He smiled at me. 

"Were you watching me sleep?"

"Maybe,"

"You're creepy Harold."

He laughed, smiling.

God, I loved his laugh and the way that his eyes crinkled when he did.

I sat up, much to Harry's dismay. He complained that he was comfy, and I said that his morning breath stunk, he kept breathing in my face and I wasn't impressed.

"What time is it?" He asked, rubbing his eyes.

"Almost two, we should probably go downstairs."

"Let me sleep for a couple more minutes then we will,"

"You're such a baby,"

"Say's the one who fell asleep in the car and I had to carry her in," He mumbled, turning over.

My heart swelled. He really was one of the sweetest guys I had ever met. He could have easily woken me up, but he didn't want to disturb me.

"You stay up here, I'm gonna go downstairs, okay? Come down when you wake up," I whispered, kissing his forehead.

Harry mumbled a small okay while I got up. He was sleeping facing the wall, so I took this opportunity to change out of my clothes from the night before into something more comfy. My outfit consisted of one of Harry's t-shirts and grey sweats, as it was the first thing I saw.

I tied my hair up and headed down the stairs, where I heard the voices of my parents.

"Isabelle!" My dad spoke, getting up from his place on the couch and walking over to me.

"Dad!" I smiled, hugging him.

"I was wondering when you'd grace us with your presence again,"

"I know you couldn't go long without seeing me," I teased him.

"Was Harry up there with you?" Anne questioned from the kitchen where she was making a cup of tea.

"Yeah, he didn't want to get up so he went back to sleep. We went on a small road trip to Long Island last night," I shrugged, surely me telling them wouldn't be that big of a deal, right?

Anne nodded and Robin coughed, while Gemma stared at me.

"What?" I mouthed to her.

"We're talking later," She said, eyeing me suspiciously.

"Anyways, we were all thinking of going on a trip to Florida for a couple days, Ashley isn't here so we're free to do whatever until she gets back." My mom spoke.

"Oh? Where is she?"

"She really wanted to go to camp, so we signed her up for one. She left a couple days ago."

My heart sank. Realizing that I was too caught up in my own drama to be there for Ashley made me feel horrible. As soon as she came back I would have to do something with her to make up for all of our missed time.

"Sounds good, I can see if I can use my sick days for it? When were you wanting to go?"

"We were thinking the day after tomorrow, so Wednesday."

"I'll text my boss and let you know," I nodded, walking to the fridge and grabbing an apple.

"Look who's up," Anne spoke.

Harry came down the stairs ruffling his hair, yawning.

"I don't understand how you're all up so early," Harry grumbled, walking up behind me and resting his head on my shoulder.

"It's two in the afternoon Harry, let's not forget it was your genius idea to go on a road trip in the middle of the night." I spoke, poking his cheek.

Everyone in the room stared at the two of us with dumbfounded looks on their faces, although I couldn't pinpoint why, so I shrugged it off.

"Did you hear about our plans to go to Florida, Harry?" His mom questioned him.

"Yeah, I like the idea."

Harry took his head off my shoulder and grabbed my apple from my hand, taking a bite of it and walking over to the couch, he laid across Gemma and Robins lap.

"You're terrible Harry," I said, slightly offended he keeps taking my food.

"You love me," He smiled, looking over at me.

Everyone in the room stared at the two of us again which I found a bit concerning, but I didn't give it much thought as I sat down on the other couch with my parents.

"Movie day, anyone?" I asked.

"Of course," Everyone nodded in agreement.

Everything was okay again, and I was happy.