/22/I҉ H҉A҉V҉E҉ L҉O҉S҉T҉ E҉V҉E҉R҉Y҉ L҉E҉G҉A҉L҉ R҉I҉G҉H҉T҉ T҉O҉ L҉I҉V҉E҉

σ¢тσвєя 31ѕт, 2009

           "Tobias, wake up!"
Toby snapped his eyes open to the sight of your vague outline hovering over him.
Not gonna lie, he would actually be ok with this... only if it wasn't 2:40 in the fucking morning.

"W-what are y-you do-doing?"
He kept his voice low but audible for you to hear.

"You said you wanted to come with us, so let's go... unless you've
changed yo—"

"N-no! I wa-want to come!"
Toby quickly shifted into a sitting position, almost colliding his head with yours like the infamous Titanic and iceberg due to the only little light source being the full, glistening moon outside his window.

"Then come on!"
You latch onto his twitching hand, yanking him out of bed and leading him downstairs.

Lyra waited impatiently at the doorstep with a flashlight in her grip, still in her pyjamas like the rest of you and her Vans tapping the floor in a heart beat rhythm.
Smile even tagged along too, though unlike Lyra he stayed calm, wagging his tail every so often as he grinned at mostly everything in sight.

"Why are we bringing him?"
A bright flash lit the sky as an ungodly roar shook your very core.

"He really wanted to, he'll be fine, Lyra."
Your serene voice reassured her that Toby was in good hands.
But was he really?
This kid doesn't even know what the fuck is going on!

"W-what are we e-even do-doing?"
The poor child clings onto you for dear life.

As the flaring light streaks through the sky you offer Toby a Cheshire Cat-like grin.
"Oh you'll see."

Though even if you metaphorically meant those words... it was literally hard to see.
As Mother Nature decided to take a piss up above heavy rain plummeted onto all of you.

"Are we there yet?"
Your voice challenged over the raging thunder and Smile's desperate whimpers for shelter.

"Yeah I think so!"
Lyra called from ahead, leading the way with the dim flashlight that really didn't help.
It's truly a wonder how she isn't falling behind, keeping her feet steady and her posture perfectly straight as the ground shook violently beneath all of you.

"How the... how the fuck are you doing this?!"
You pant heavily, your legs threatening to give in and fall into the mossy grounds of this hell-like forest.
It really didn't help as well when you had a thirteen year old boy holding onto you for support.

"Cause I'm productive unlike you!"

"Sure waking up at three in the afternoon and going to bed at four in the mourning is so productive— hey are those them?!"
You gesture to the two boys in the distance.

Smile takes the lead, rushing past Lyra as his barks get lost in the booming thunder above.

"It's just me— why is Toby here?"
As you wipe the rain away from your face the blurred out man to the left starts to look a lot more like... like Ezra.

"W-what's it to y-you?"
Yep, by the menacing tone of Toby's voice and the way he bone crushingly gripped at your hand you realize that the man asking was Ezra off the bat.

But who was the blue haired dude to your right?

"Ezra, is that Adam?"
You gestured to the mystery man, his hands shoved deep into the pockets of his black raincoat.

"Yeah! This is the guy we were talking on the phone with! Cool, right?"
Ever seen that one Will Smith meme?
Yeah that's what he was doing right now with this Adam as we READ!