Chapter 21

Btw, Taybh is pronounced as ta-i-ba

Sky

"You ready to act like a couple?" Nat chuckles as we near our school.

"Nope." I say at the same time Peter says 'yeah'.

He takes my hand in his and I blush, feeling awkward at the contact. I've never really been this close to anyone, let alone a guy.

We go in and I feel so many eyes on us, making me want to dig a pit and hide in it forever...or at least until lunch, because I want to eat my apple.

"Who's locker first?" Peter asks me.

"I don't need anything from my locker, so yours is fine." I reply.

"We'll leave you two lovebirds alone then." Laura smirks and drags Nat away, probably to find Anna.

We walk to Peter's locker and I instantly come face to face with the many glares of every girl in the tenth grade, minus Laura and Anna...they're not even here.

Most of these girls' lockers aren't even here, why the hell are they all gathered here?

Oh for god's sake, please don't tell me they're all here to see me and Peter. 

"So, babe." Peter said loudly to get their attention, and tease me. "Where should we go on our date?"

"Hmm," I pretend to think while I lean next to his locker, my hand still in his. "there's a really cool restaurant downtown if you wanna check it out?" I try to hold in my laughter as I see Selena fuming and glaring daggers at me.

"Ooh, yeah that sounds really good." He smirks, knowing what I meant. He then leans down and pecks my cheek, making me blush as usual before he drags me away to our class, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me to his side instead of just holding my hand.

My personal bubble is screaming.

We get into class and I see Nat talking to our friend, Taybh. I smile and walk over to them, completely forgetting that Peter had an arm around my waist. 

"Taybh!!" I yell and tackle her in a hug from behind, scaring the living hell out of her. Nat and I laugh as she turns around to look at me, holding her heart.

"Dude, you scared me!"

"That was kinda the point." I state with a chuckle. Taybh then realizes how I look and gasps, fixing her hijab. "Girl, you are on fire!"

"Well," I flip my hair dramatically and oh so humbly, accidentally hitting Peter in the face. "Satan is made of fire."

"Right," She rolled her eyes. "because Satan would volunteer at every charity event available."

"I do that," I put one hand out, then the other one as I continued. "and I'm Satan. So yes, Satan volunteers a lot."

"Why is my girlfriend referring to herself as Satan?" Peter asked from behind me and put an arm around my waist again.

"Because she can be really 'evil' sometimes." Taybh said, putting air quotes with the word 'evil' and laughing.

"You know exactly how annoying I can get." I point at her and she puts her hands up in defense and nods, glaring at me with her big brown eyes.

"Hey, Thompson!" I hear the wicked voice of the west call out, making me, Nat and Taybh cringe and roll our eyes.

"Hands off my girl." Kevin stated, looking up at Peter.

Kevin is as tall as me and super lanky, so I don't understand how his egoistic mind thought he can ever take on Peter, who towers over him by an entire foot and actually has muscles.

"She isn't your girl, pipsqueak." Peter said, his voice going deeper and his eyes getting a shade darker. "If you haven't heard, Sky and I are dating. So I suggest you back off."

"I know you're not really together." Kevin scoffs before he goes away back to his friends who tease him about it. 

"Oooh, girl!" Taybh poked my side, grinning at me. "You got an overprotective one."

I smile and look at Peter who was still glaring at Kevin, taking his hand in mine to calm him down. He looks at me and smiles back, his cheeks reddening slightly. I glance at Nat and then Taybh who was watching us two with adoration.

"Aww, so cute!" She gushed, throwing the tail of her hijab over her shoulder to stay in place. 

"Thanks!" Peter said and fully hugged me from behind and put his chin on my head.

If only I wasn't so short. 

I heard Dianna laugh too loud and we glanced over at them, and I noticed all the guys around her, Eve and Brianna. Justin stayed away with Kevin and Xavier.

Huh...weird.

Brianna and Justin are dating, why isn't he with her?

"What's up with Bri and Justin?" Nat asked, reading my mind.

"I heard she broke up with him last night."

What a coincidence!

Not.

My eyes mentally twitch as I think of why she probably broke up with Justin.

And I repeat, why don't we have eye twitching emojis? Do you know how many conversations I could've made funnier if it was a thing?

Why are we not funding this!!

I sigh and turn to sit in my seat in front of Nat, Taybh sitting in front of me and Peter next to me. Brianna had changed seats and was now sat on the other side of Peter, and something about that made me uncomfortable.

I just felt like something is going to go wrong...

I sit through math class peacefully, until I hear Brianna ask Peter for a pen, and I can't help but overhear her ever so sweet and kind voice as she thanked him and shot him her perfect pearly white smile.

Peter turned to the teacher again, not noticing Brianna smirking at me before she turned to the teacher as well, smiling smugly to herself.

I turn to look at Nat and see that she's already watching me with worry and confusion in her eyes.

One sentence going through both of our minds;

What the hell is she planning this time?