Chapter 44

Sky

"Alright ladies!" I clap my hands. "That was great, but you still need more practice."

I'm allowed to skip Home Ec to train the middle school team while Stormie trains them on the days where I have important classes and can't skip anything. 

However, today is different, because after training, I'm leaving with Miss Willow to the assembly, where I'll be giving a speech about mental health. She told me there's going to be a lot of people there, possibly hundreds, and that scares me.

But for some reason, I'm less nervous to be in front of people who don't know me; maybe it's because if I mess up, I won't ever see them again, and that relaxes me. 

I've been working a lot on the speech to make it perfect, and I'm proud of how it turned out. I really think it would open people's eyes to a new perspective; I've never heard anyone say what I would say later today, and I'm excited to finally voice my thoughts and possibly make a change.

Because that's a goal of mine; making a positive change in the world. Even if it's small; like making a stranger smile, it just gives me a feeling of accomplishment. 

"Let's practice layups and rebounds." I say as I dribble the ball in my hand and instruct them to split into two rows, one side doing the layup and the other side doing a rebound if they didn't make it. 

Gotta get them ready in two weeks. No pressure, right?

"Dude, what if I freeze?" I exclaim nervously as I walk with Nat, Laura and Anna to my locker so I could put my bag there and grab my essentials for the short trip to the assembly court

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

"Dude, what if I freeze?" I exclaim nervously as I walk with Nat, Laura and Anna to my locker so I could put my bag there and grab my essentials for the short trip to the assembly court.

"You'll be fine." Nat reassures me.

"Yeah girl, your speech is awesome and you made some pretty strong points in it." 

"Just picture everyone naked." Laura shrugs. "That's what I do when I'm onstage."

"Should we be concerned?" I turn to the other two girls with furrowed eyebrows making us laugh.

Suddenly I feel someone poking my neck and I squeal loudly like a bunny because I'm very ticklish. I would know I sound like a bunny because I've heard my bunnies scream before.

RIP Snow and fluffy.

I turn around and glare at a laughing Tim, punching his arm, a couple laughs escaping my own lips.

"Why?"

"How else would I grab your attention?" He grins sheepishly, rubbing his arm that I punched.

I swear I'm not violent.

"Well, you could've called my name, tapped my shoulder-" I count on my fingers but get cut off by Nat.

"Slam her against her locker and kiss her-"

"No." He and I say simultaneously as my cheeks get red. "Just...no."