Chp 2

Hermione's Pov

I was made whole again.

For a long time, we just sat there taking each other in. Eventually, we found my dad and when we brought his memories back, he almost broke half the store running over to me.

They begged me to move back in with them, and after only a few hours, I had my room set up and we were a family again. We went all over the country and I quickly fell in love with my new home.

But as beautiful as Australia was, my real home was Hogwarts, and I couldn't wait to get back there.

Ron and Harry had decided against going back to school this year and even though I didn't tell them, it made me really sad. Part of me couldn't help but feel abandoned. Like that all the years we went through together didn't mean as much to them as it did to me.

And the more I thought about it, the more true it seemed.

I had always felt alone. Even before I even knew about Hogwarts and magic. I was the little nerdy girl that always had a tough time in school. Having friends was always something I read about, but never really experienced. Then when I got my letter, I was scared that I was doomed to repeat the same thing. At least until I met my boys.

But now I'm going to be alone again.

Ron promised to visit as often as he could, but he and Harry were determined to bring down the rest of the death eaters. 

Kingsley Shacklebolt had become the new Minister of Magic and one of the first things he did was make Harry an Auror, and after weeks and weeks of Ron begging, he made him an Auror too.

Ron and I had been together since our kiss in the chamber, but for some reason, something was missing. He seemed really distracted when we were at the Burrow, and the only thing he ever seemed to want to do was snog.

Harry had been trying to convince Ginny to move in with him instead of finishing her last year, but she never seemed to make up her mind.

Everything seemed to be getting back to normal.

Or so I thought.

As the summer went by, I saw less and less of the boys and started to slowly get more used to it. The bookstore was my little sanctuary and if I ever felt lonely, I would go bury my face in some book and forget about it all.

Besides the absence of the guys, I had a great summer. Ginny came up and stayed with us for a month and we really grew close.

Then, after a small amount of convincing, she decided to come back to Hogwarts with me.