CHAPTER FORTY FOUR

SHREYAS'S POV- 

I have been trying to contact Ridhi since the past two whole weeks but she just wont pick my call up, I tried video calls, normal voice calls, whatsapp calls, skype calls, google duo but she wont pick my call up in any app I would try and even Alisha wont pick my calls up. I cant even go to Bangalore right now because the IPL camp started and we have our first match in Delhi itself two days later, so I ca no way leave now. Our match in Bangalore is only the fifth match and there are around another 2 weeks for that now. 

I am tensed now, I really hope that she is okay. But I need to talk to her and know why she is not picking my calls up and I am thinking of what to do know. 

I suddenly got an idea and I went to Shikhi paaji's room and rang the bell. 

"Ya Shreyas, I am coming for dinner." he said as he opened the door. 

"No Shikhi paaji I didnt come to call yo for dinner." I said. 

"Koi nahi, main tumhare bulaye bina hi aa jata hoon." he said and I face palmed. 

"no paaji." I said and pushed him back into the room. 

"Can you please call Ridhi?" I asked him. 

"Why? What happened? You only call na" he said. 

"Arre she isnt picking up, thats why' I said. 

"See if you fought with her then say sorry and end it na, she wont call you to say sorry, you will only have to say it." he said. 

"We didnt fight, chalo I will simply say sorry, but she needs to pick my call up for that na" I  said and he nodded. 

"Chalo I will help you." he said and dialed her number and kept it on speaker and Ridhi immediately picked it up. 

"Hello Ridhi." Shikhi bhai said. 

"Yes bhai, how are you?" she asked, I was so relieved hearing her voice and Shikhi bhai smiled seeing the change in my expressions from tensed to relived. 

"I am good Ridhi, tu bol." he said. 

"Bhai you called so you say why you called." she said and he looked at me and I indicated him to continue talking to her. 

"I called you to ask you how you are tell me, how are you? How is Kiara?" he asked her. 

"All good bhai, even Kiara is doing just perfect." she said, then why arent you picking my call up Ridhi?

"Okay thats great? Is the NGO working fine?" he asked her to keep the conversation going. 

"Yes bhai, all good, you tell me, how are the IPL training sessions going on?" she asked hi. 

"They could never get better, especially when you have a young skipper like Shreyas." bhai said looking at me. 

"Shreyas yes, how is he ? Is he playing well? He is not distracted or anything right?" she asked all in one go and now I took the phone from bhai. 

"Why arent you picking my calls up if you want to know how I am doing?" I asked her. 

"Shreyas?" she asked. 

"Yes Ridhi, Shreyas, now tell me." I said but she hung up and I was left shocked, what is going on in her mind? Why is she avoiding me?

I handed the phone over to Shikhi bhai who looked at me. 

"What happened between you two? Anything wrong?" he asked me. 

"No bhai, I dont  know what happened, everything was fine after she until she went back to Bangalore after the engagement even a day after that I talked to her twice but then she just didnt pick my calls up." I said.