Chapter 40 - Epilogue

"I want to show you something."

He looks up at me curiously, his tail waving in the air.

"What?" Jimin asks, his eyebrows raised. I chuckle, pulling him up from his chair.

He snickers, "Is this the thing you've been spending hours on instead of preparing for our guests later today?" I feel his mouth playfully nipping at my ear.

"Stooppp," I laugh, but his hands snake around my waist ready to tickle my sides.

Smirking mischievously, his fingers lightly brush into my waist. I convulse back into him as he continues his onslaught.

I cry out, "No, no! Jiminnnnn! This is serious!" Laughter continues to spill out of my lips.

He grins only to tickle me even more, "Oh yeah? Reallllly serious."

Finally, I gather the strength to pull myself away, dragging him by the wrist towards the art studio.

His ears flicker, "Did you paint something?"

"Aish," I complain, "Close your eyes!" We stop in front of the art room. My back against the door.

He pouts, "Whyyyy? I don't want to." His soft kitty eyes gaze into mine.

I take his hand and press it over his eyes. I don't miss the chance to rub his ears while I bring my hands down. A short giddy purr rumbles from his chest.

"No peeking" I whisper. My face is inches away from his.

He quickly leans forward and pecks my lips.

"Fine," he says softly, his lips barely away from mine, "I won't peek."

Checking one last time that his eyes are actually closed, I unlock the door behind me. Carefully, I guide him inside, his feet shuffling on the hardwood floor. After pulling him where I want, I let go of his hand and dart behind the canvas.

His tail curiously swings to the side, brushing past his legs.

"Okay," His ears perk up when I speak, "Open your eyes."

I watch his expression while he removes his hand. He freezes in place, his eyes glazing over the vivid colors and paints. His eyes shift up to me and back to the painting, his mouth dropping slightly.

Even his tail slows to a stop.

"It's beautiful, Y/n."

Running towards him, I jump into his arms and hold him tightly. His arms wrap around, pulling me closer. He breathes in my scent while staring back at the painting.

"You like it?" I ask with a nervous laugh. He turns me around, hugging my waist from behind.

I look back at my own landscape painting, seeing the pastel colors of the flowers and the lush green meadow. Willow trees frame the outer edge of the meadow and flower petals drift from the sky.

"I love it," he murmurs in my ear before hugging me tighter, "It reminds me of you."

My eyebrows raise, "Really? How come?"

"It just does."

---

Laughter fills the table at our house. Mom, Dad, Hoseok, and Taehyung gather at the table while Jimin and I help bring out the food. Warmth fills the kitchen as I hurry to make sure all the food is done.

"How's my lasagna?"

Jimin carefully hands me the tray, "Be careful. It's hot."

Grabbing the oven mittens, I grip the edges of the tray. "I got it. I got it." My feet turn to the side as I start walking to the other room.