16. Revealed Secrets

Artemis POV

My father has made a lot of good decisions lately. He had made both camps a demigod paradise and now ruled over Olympus like the right and just ruler he is supposed to be. Only recently did he decide to appoint a male into my Hunt.

I have to admit that it was one of the best decision he had ever made.

Percy Jackson is different, to say the least. He is not like the males I have grown to hate in all my millennia of immortal life. I had brought up girls in my hunt that were used or abused by the pigs that call themselves men. It was quite a pleasant change.

When I met Percy Jackson for the first time all those years ago in Maine, I didn't know what to think of him. He seemed alright at first, not disrespecting me or my Hunters and keeping a respectful distance away from them. When I was trapped under the sky, I had thought that I would never get out from under there. Nobody would willingly take the sky from me and I was prepared to spend eternity under the burden.

Turns out I was wrong.

A fourteen-year-old Percy Jackson decided to fight Atlas, the General of the Titan army and one of their best fighters. Obviously, he stood no chance against the Titan but he did something that still surprises me to this day.

He accepted defeat, no small feat for anyone, especially a man. He accepted that he could not beat Atlas and instead, demanded that he take the sky from me just so I could fight in his place, knowing full well that he might die under the strain.

I had managed to put Atlas back under the sky, of course, but not without a price. The best Hunter I have ever had, Zoë Nightshade, had given her life to save both me and Percy. She had said that Percy Jackson was not like the other males out there and that was when I started looking at him at a different perspective.

Now that he was a lot older, I had expected him to change during his time alone in Alaska. But the only thing that changed was his power level. He had gotten a lot more attuned with his water powers and he could do things that weren't meant to be possible but his personality is still the same. He is respectful, humble and kind, and those are just a few of the words that can be used to describe him.

Percy had brought a positive influence into the Hunt. Even though he is a male, my Hunters took his company really well. He doesn't try and force himself onto them and keeps his distance if they feel uncomfortable around him. He makes us laugh and keeps us in a good mood all the time.

Not to mention his amazing cooking.

Even though my Hunters had avoided him for a long time after he revealed one of his deadlier powers, he still stayed with us. If he hadn't, I wouldn't have my Hunters anymore and I would be painfully reforming in Tartarus.

It was the day after the third attack and the Hunt was warming up to Percy again. It was nice to see he was no longer avoided and was finally able to talk to my Hunters without any problems. The girls really liked the water travelling thing he did, too. I tried it as well but I would prefer normal teleportation any day.

I left my Hunters with Percy at Central Park before teleporting to Olympus. Zeus has called a council meeting which slightly worried me. The last time he had called a meeting was when we found out Percy Jackson was missing.

I teleported myself to the throne room to find everyone already present and in their thrones. I was the last one surprisingly.

'Good,' Zeus said nodding at me 'Now that Artemis is here, we can begin.'

I sat down on my throne quickly. I looked around the room and saw that almost everyone was confused as to why the meeting was called. Even I had no idea why my father called a council meeting in the middle of the day when most of us had duties to attend to.