2

Throughout the next few days, you messed with Toby's mind, slowly driving him crazy, but you couldn't take credit for everything. He started talking to himself, his memory became glitchy, and he would see things you had nothing to do with, like sharks in the sink as he washed dishes.

You would make him hear crickets in his pillow, or see ghosts. Sometimes, the 'ghost' he saw was you, watching him sleep or sitting outside his window. He couldn't tell the difference between you, someone who was actually there, and the ghosts you would make him see. The ghosts would torment him, but you were soft and gentile. You calmed him down when he was freaking out, and helped him sleep, but he didn't know you were real.

In all honesty, you felt bad. He was going to snap all on his own, he didn't need you to give him a push, but orders are orders, and when he does snap, you'll be there to help him. Slenderman would be able to help him.

After a while, his mother became worried about him, so she made him go to therapy. You scoffed when you heard them talking about it. You dont remember everything about your life before Slenderman, but you sure as hell knew therapy didn't do shit.

.......

You sat on top of Toby's car as his mom drove to his therapy appointment. A few days in, you realized you had the ability to not be seen unless you wanted to, similar to Slenderman. You sighed and hummed softly, unconsciously sending chills up Toby's spine. You could basically feel his distress, so you took advantage of it and put the image of yourself, but faceless, in his head.

Toby screamed and fell out of his chair. You visibly cringed at this. He's basically going insane, and it's partially your fault.

~~~~~~~~

That night, you sat at Toby's windowsill and just watched him. He laid awake in bed, staring at the ceiling. Right when he began to doze off, he jumped up and looked towards his doorway. You looked at him in confusion. You could feel his distress, and it was easily visible, but this time, you didn't know what the cause was. You didn't do anything, except watch him. He slowly walked towards his door.

He walked down his hallway.

"Mom?" He called.

Suddenly, he fell and let out a loud scream. He was completely freaking out in the hallway.

"Hey!" You exclaimed.

He paused for a moment, before slowly turning to look at you. "I-I'm going crazy," He mumbled before gripping his head. "You're not real."

You crouched down in front of him, the moonlight that peeked through his bedroom door hit your face perfectly, creating a shadow over the majority of your face. You smiled at him, to him, the moonlight made your smile sparkle, but he just stared at you.

"It's alright," you said soothingly. "He'll help you," you paused for a moment. "We'll help you."

"H-he? Who-"

"Ssshh," you shushed him softly, and he started feeling drowsy.

"You're doing it again?" He said, which sounded more like a question. "Who are you?"

"Just get some sleep, cutie."

When Toby woke up, he screamed out and sat up as fast as he could, completely short of breath. He wheezed out and held his chest with his bandaged hands. It was just a dream....just a dream.

Right?

For some reason, he felt better, like a weight had been lifted off of his chest. Little did he know, it was you.

He walked over to his window and looked outside. No one was there, simply because you were asleep in his room, completely invisible to him. He heard the rustling and coughing of his father outside the doorway. His door was closed. He walked over and opened it, looking out into the hallway once again. He walked downstairs, only to see his father smoking on the couch.