♠️ Chapter Seven: Bicylces on a Spaceship ♠️

~~~
A/N Delilah is wearing the same clothes as described in chapter five.
~~~

The Tardis door was open while Delilah sat on the floor with her legs swaying in the atmosphere. Amy was next to her floating in space with the Doctor holding her ankle. Delilah was entranced with her view, shooting stars were dancing gracefully across the oil black midnight sky. A whirlpool of microscopic stars dazzled and glimmered elegantly. The silence was different but comforting, nothing could be heard besides the faint giggle from the Doctor or Amy.

Delilah couldn't believe how much her life had changed in the past twenty-four hours. Before, she was just a ball of anxiety, staying in town, in a mundane routine - she knew she would've never left the little town. But now she was witnessing magic, sitting watching the stars waltz for her, she was the soulmate to an alien, albeit strange, but cute alien, nonetheless. It was as if she had transported to one of her fictional books she spent hours immersed in, Delilah didn't want this to be a dream, occasionally pinching herself to ensure that it wasn't.

Delilah's admiration for the stars was disrupted by the Doctor's laugh. She turned her gaze and stared at her new view. He intrigued her, how a man so young could have eyes so old. His eyes were Delilah's favourite they were bold, bright, and soft all at once. His eyes told stories he didn't need to say, one's that were filled with pain and sadness, she knew he had overcome many wars within himself. Especially by the way the Doctor held himself, it was as if he had the world on his shoulders and after experiencing the previous events two years ago, Delilah realised that was because he often did.

"Come on, Pond!" the Doctor cheered joyously gripping her ankle firmly and bringing her back inside the Tardis. He placed her down next to Delilah, keeping a hold of her, making sure she didn't fall out into space again. The Doctor continued to laugh heartedly, loving that he was showing off to Amy and proving her wrong at the same time, "Now do you believe me?"

Amy laughed breathlessly, she was initially sceptical about the Doctor 'spaceship', but now it was undeniable that he spoke the truth, "Okay, your box is a spaceship. It's really, really a spaceship." The Doctor and Amy let go of each other, the latter reached down to Delilah pulling her up and hugging her tightly, "We are in space Lilah! We are really in space! Can you believe it."

Delilah broke off the hug but remained latched onto Amy's arm and leant her head on her shoulder, both girls stared in astonishment at their view. "I know Ames, I know. It almost seems too good to be true," she spoke softly but turned her head to the Doctor at her last sentence. Her face predominantly covered by Amy's shoulder, but her eyes were visible and widened when she saw the Doctor already looking at her. She flushed bright red at being caught but turned an even deeper shade when she saw the Doctor smirk back at her. She shifted her face forward back to the stars; Delilah knew without a doubt that the Doctor knew she meant him.

Amy who was oblivious to their whole interaction and asked, "What are we breathing?"

The Doctor's smile never left his face since him and Delilah raced out of her room. He was finally and truly content. The Doctor stepped forward slightly and poked his head out the door, "I've extended the air shell. We're fine."

"Now that's interesting," the Doctor crouched down, followed by Amy and Delilah, looking downwards out the Tardis. Delilah gasped in shock; it was an entire city floating in space. The Doctor stood back up and glanced at Delilah, who followed his actions. He reached for her hand and ran to the console, "Twenty ninth century," the Doctor said letting go of Delilah's hand, fiddling with the controls, spinning around spontaneously with Delilah on his heels. "Solar flares roast the earth, and the entire human race packs its bags and moves out till the weather improves. Whole nations," he continued.