♠️ Chapter Eight: Voting Cubicles ♠️

~~~

A/N Delilah is wearing the same clothes as described in Chapter Seven

~~~

Amy and Delilah walked through the 'city' of London to Deck 207. The girls travelled through badly lit corridors, the floor covered in dirt, steam was erupting from varying places along the walls and rubbish littered the area. The duo stopped at a corner trying to find the little girl as Amy fiddled with the wallet in her hand.

Amy was absorbed in the wallet, searching for Mandy, but Delilah's concentration was focused on the cubicles. They seemed to be everywhere, same face, same box, same everything. Delilah narrowed her eyes at them but kept a firm grip on Amy's hand, they scared her, deeply. But those eyes she stared into seemed to stare straight at her, as if it was watching and listening to everything they do.

"Do you think she's down here?" Delilah asked Amy, her gaze finally tearing from the cubicles as she looked around.

"Must be. Come on," Amy answered dragging Delilah down another passageway.

"You're following me. Saw you two watching me at the marketplace." Amy turned to the new voice while Delilah jumped putting her hand over her heart. Seeing that it was Mandy she commented softly, "Goodness, you scared the living daylights out of me."

Mandy smiled sheepishly at the brunette and muttered a small apology. She seemed to have a softer demeanour than the redhead standing in front of her.

Amy stared at the girl. "You dropped this," she said handing her wallet over to the young girl.

Mandy scoffed and snapped it from Amy's grip, "Yeah, when that weird bowtie wearing friend of your's kept bumping into me." She stormed off ahead. Amy and Delilah following closely. Amy rolled her eyes and muttered, "Weird? That's an understatement."

Delilah just laughed softly and commented, "I like the bowtie." Her thoughts went back to the Doctor, as he mentioned before she could feel her heart aching slightly but not as powerful as previously. She felt content that she was with Amy but nonetheless missed him tremendously. Delilah's thoughts were interrupted by Amy, "What's that?"

Delilah turned around at Amy's question and saw a large keep out sign leaning against a fence which barricaded a Magpie Electricals' hut. It looked like a carnival tent with its vertical white and red strips, and the yellow flashing lights that repeatedly glared at the trio warding them off from entering.

"There's a hole. We have to go back," Mandy answered shakily.

Delilah's eyebrows furrowed at her response, confusion swirling in her eyes, "A what? A hole?"

Mandy turned to Delilah and sighed, staring at her with disbelief, "Are you stupid? There's a hole in the road. We can't go that way." Delilah frowned but didn't take her comment to heart, she knew the young girl assumed they both lived here, hence logically they should know what's happening. Amy, however, shot the young girl a small glare at her comment but kept her mouth shut and walked forward moving the fence to create an opening. "There's a travel pipe down by the airlocks if you've got stamps. What are you doing?" Mandy continued talking.

"Oh, don't mind me," Amy commented excitedly as she turned around and leaned on the fence as Delilah walked through the opening Amy had created. "Never could resist a keep out sign," she continued enthusiastically as she turned back to the red and white striped hut, "What's through there? What's so scary about a hole? Something under the road?" Amy kept firing questions rapidly and picked up a padlock attached to the hut.