♠️ Chapter Eleven: Daleks ♠️

~~~

~~~

The Doctor raced around the console, flipping switches, and turning knobs. He turned to the girls, "Right," he said rubbing his hands together, "I suggest you both change and freshen up before meeting the president, don't you?" His head tilted slightly as he smiled at the girls.

"There is a wardrobe room, somewhere here, I'm sure the Tardis can show you. Pick anything you want, it's yours," he added dismissing the girls with a wave of his hand.

"Alrighty," Amy grabbed Delilah's hand and began to head towards a corridor.

"Hold on Ames," Delilah gently pried Amy's hand off hers, "I'd like to take a quick shower again."

"Sure Lilah," Amy smiled at her, "I'll get to pick all the good clothes first," she stuck her tongue out and ran down the corridor laughing.

Delilah watched Amy disappear with a soft smile on her face, shaking her head gently. She turned back to the Doctor and jumped slightly not realising his presence so close to her.

"Hi," Delilah whispered to the Doctor, tilting her head with her eyebrows creased.

The Doctor stared at her confused expression, he found it endearing. "Hi," he whispered just as softly. "I just wanted to tell you that the Tardis has a personalised wardrobe already placed in your room. She thought you might like something of your taste easy to find and close to you," the Doctor added.

Before she could respond the Tardis's lights flashed rapidly and a rumbled hum erupted from her. The Doctor cleared his throat and nervously fixed his bowtie, "Alright, alright," he hissed to the Tardis. He looked sheepishly to Delilah, who stared at him with an amused expression, "She, uh, the Tardis, didn't think of that," he avoided eye contact as a blush crept up his neck onto his cheeks. He coughed, "I did."

Delilah let out a small giggle, though she quickly tried to stop them by biting her bottom lip. She smiled at him adoringly, "Thank you Doctor." She leant closely and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before dashing off to her room with a glaring blush on her cheeks.

The Doctor didn't move. He was entrapped in the moment. He repeated it several times in his mind. His hearts were hammering against his chest, he could feel his palms sweating. He slowly brought one hand to the side of his cheek, his mouth agape. The Doctor couldn't believe that she had kissed him, well on the cheek. But it was still a kiss. Warmth spread through his limbs; a pleasant buzz emitted in his mind. He was glowing. A large smile grew on his face, wider than it had ever been before as he let out a breathed laugh. He felt so much for just a small kiss on the cheek, he couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to really kiss her. Not like he hadn't thought about it before.

The Doctor twirled around; his uncoordinated feet jittered on the floor. His hands flailing about as he tried to reduce the heat on his face. He started doing an ungraceful but joyous dance, his soul screamed. He couldn't be happier. The Doctor felt giddy as small giggles left his mouth.