Chapter five

The Original Hybrid awoke and decided to go into the pregnant werewolf's room, the door already being slightly creaked open, he stepped in

The Original Hybrid awoke and decided to go into the pregnant werewolf's room, the door already being slightly creaked open, he stepped in. Looking around and he spotted a few sketches on her desk, one was a detailed pencil sketch of himself and he couldn't help but admire her artistic ability.

"Hey." Hayley greeted softly, leaning against her headboard watching him as he surveyed her room.

"Hello." Niklaus greeted back, "this is amazing." He complimented showing the drawing he found.

"You saw that?" Hayley chuckled a little, her cheeks flushing pink.

"I didn't know you drew." He commented moving closer to her bed, still looking out the windows in the bedroom.

"Yeah, it's a hobby I picked up when I was younger just to pass the time but then I realised that it actually helps relax and focus me." Hayley stated.

"Well your very talented." He complimented taking pride in the blush that formed on cheeks because of his words.

"Thank you." Hayley smiled, and he swear that every time he sees her breathtaking grin, his undead heart stops beating for a second every single time.

"Did you sleep well?" Klaus asks the mother of his unborn child.

"Mhm, it's so warm I love it." She admitted with a grin.

"Why's that?" He asked curious, he didn't actually want to get to know the pregnant werewolf, she was interesting and he was interested.

"It reminds me of home." She answered with a faraway look in her eye yet a smile still present upon her features.

"Where's home?" He quizzed.

"Australia, Sydney to be exact." She answered, completely surprising him. "First place I've ever lived." She added, just in case the story didn't add up with Hayley's records.

"I've never been." He admitted.

She whipped her around to him, her brown her hitting him in the face. "That's so sad, we should take the baby there one day." She says.

"I'll look forward to it." Klaus smiled. As he put the picture back in her bag, he came across the wolfsbane the witch slipped in her bag.

"I didn't use it, I would never." Hayley said honestly as she looked at the item in his hand.

"What stopped you? You could have been free of all of this... of me." Klaus sighed sadly.

"Yeah well.. when those leeches tried to pick a fight with me, the thought of anything happening to my baby angered me terribly, and I just know that I will do absolutely anything and everything to protect it." Hayley supplied truthfully.

"I'm beginning to think we're a lot alike, you and I. We're both castoffs who have learned to fight when we're backed into a corner." Klaus commented.

"Well, we're backed into a corner now." She said.

"Ah, that we are. It's time to fight.. little wolf." Klaus smiled placing a hand gently on her shoulder before turning around and moving to exit the room.

"This whole thing with Marcel – the deal you have with the witches, trying to take him down, take what's his – Rebekah told me that you two once loved each other like family. What happened?" Hayley calls out.

"I made Marcel everything that he is. I treated him like a son. And when my father chased me and my family from New Orleans a hundred years ago, we believed Marcel was killed – we each mourned him, in our own way. Yet, when I returned, I found not only had he survived, he had thrived. Instead of seeking us out, instead of sticking together as one, he made a choice to take everything my family had built and make it his own. Now, he is living in our home, he is sleeping in our beds. That 'M' he stamps everywhere... it's not for 'Marcel'. It's for 'Mikaelson'. I want it all back, and if I have to push him out to get it, then that's exactly what I'll do. I'll have someone see to the air conditioning." Klaus answers before leaving.

"You were right. The girl, Cami – she's the key. Marcel likes her, and because of that I got to see the secret weapon of his that you've been going on about." Rebekah says as soon as she came into the plantation.

"Well done sister." The Hybrid praised his baby sister for the first time in forever, and Klaus could see the look of disbelief her happiness in her ocean blue eyes.

"It's not a 'what', it's a 'who'. A girl, Davina. She can't be more than sixteen, and I have never felt power like that." Rebekah explains after regaining her bearings.

"A witch." Klaus acknowledges nodding.

"She's not just any witch, she's something I've never seen before, something beyond powerful, and now because of you she has Elijah. Who knows what she could do to him." Rebekah states in worry for her eldest living brother and anger to her other older brother.

"Where is she?" The Original Hybrid asks.

Stopping to think for a second, "that clever bitch I don't know." Rebekah rages.

"What's wrong?" He asks in concern for his sister.

"She wiped my memory of the location. Marcel possesses a weapon bigger and more powerful than an Original, and you handed our brother to him! How many times will Elijah forgive you? How long until his hope for your redemption finally dies?" Rebekah explodes in anger.

"I did what I had to do! Marcel took our home!" Niklaus defends.

"And our home is worthless without family. I am finding Elijah – whatever it takes. Are you going to help me?" Rebekah sighs looking at her older brother.

"Whatever it takes." Klaus confirms.