Chapter six

Hayley sat on the floor of one of the many rooms in the house, Elijah's journals scattered in front of her- yet she wasn't going to read them, she respected him and his privacy, and looking through his journals and such would be a complete invasio...

Hayley sat on the floor of one of the many rooms in the house, Elijah's journals scattered in front of her- yet she wasn't going to read them, she respected him and his privacy, and looking through his journals and such would be a complete invasion of his privacy, it just felt wrong.

"I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire." Rebekah complained.

"Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot? Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless pregnant girl who's carrying my child." Klaus commented, although truthfully he does believe she could handle herself- not that he would admit that.

"Oh, I am so moved by your newfound sense of fatherly duties towards the werewolf carrying your hybrid bun in her oven." Rebekah sassed crossing her arms.

Hayley walked in, an eyebrow raised. "Excuse you Mr, I am not helpless I know eight different kinds of marital arts and I'm extremely good at gymnastics." She defended herself.

Klaus smirked, "I'm aware love, your quite flexible." He winked suggestively.

Hayley's cheeks flushed slightly and she laughed softly as Rebekah gagged in revulsion, not that she would admit it but she felt a smidge of jealousy.

"Also said not so helpless werewolf would like to know what the plan is." Hayley brought up again.

"Well, that depends what plan you mean, love: My plan for global domination, or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world." Klaus mocked his sister with a smirk.

Rebekah smiled sweetly before launching a pencil at her brother, which he caught, smirking smugly- though he failed to catch the one Hayley launched for entertainment so it ended up embedded in his shoulder.

Klaus turned to glare at Hayley but she gave him a innocent smile that made him melt, as Rebekah laughed at the whole scene, discreetly giving the pregnant werewolf a high-five.

"I meant the plan to rescue Eli, I miss seeing him and his fancy suits around." Hayley pouts slightly.

"You've got thing for suits?" Rebekah inquired raising a curious and amused eyebrow.

"On him, sure." Hayley agreed with a faux dreamy sigh making Rebekah laugh and Klaus scowl- now less interested in retrieving his brother.

"I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenaged witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. And secondly, sister, please." Klaus says.

"And secondly, the plan, as you have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back." Rebekah supplies with a shrug.

"Cute. What's the rest?" Hayley asks, leaning against the archway to were Niklaus sat down and Rebekah stands opposite her.

"War, love." Klaus informs with a smirk.

"Fantastic." Hayley says with a mischievous smirk of her own and gleaming eyes, missing Klaus looking at her in admiration.

...
Waking up to we're Marcel lives, Klaus can't help but let his mind wonder to the pregnant werewolf who seems to have unintentionally found herself constantly in his head, he often pictures that beaming smile that makes his heart beat sped up or the way her eyes shine mischievously, or how her nose scrunches up adorably and her head tilts when she's confused- which is rarely.

Although he's not completely certain on what he feels for the gorgeous she-wolf he knows he's developing some sort of deep affection towards her, and to his own surprise he's not completely against the idea.

The Original Hybrid finds himself comparing her to his other infatuations, namely a certain blonde baby vamp in Mystic Falls, to be honestly he couldn't help but ponder on why he even really became taken with her in the first place.

Sure, she was beautiful and a optimistic person but she wasn't anything like Hayley. Caroline always had to be forced in some sense to be around him, there was always a motive for her or her Scooby gang's benefit, she always reeked of fear when she was around him. But with Hayley she was always calm and relaxed around him, yes she was pregnant with his child but they didn't actually mean she had to hang out with him but she did it anyway. And she was actually much better company than Caroline ever was to him, she actually enjoyed his company, actual gave him sincere smiles and she and him had great teasing banter. She wasn't repulsed nor would she cower from his darkness, she shared it and she basked in her own. She never judged him or tried to change him she actually encouraged him to be who he was and just have fun with life, instead of Caroline's judgment filled states or insults about his violent acts in such a disgusted tone.

Forcing himself out of his thoughts he approached Marcel and his lackey- Thierry.

"Oh, come now, Thierry. You're not still upset about that little, toxic werewolf bite I gave you, are you? I thought we were at bygones." Klaus says, his signature smirk in tact.

"I see you've given him free rein of your compound now, too." Thierry scoffs lightly.

"Yes. Well, seeing as my family and I lived here, built the place, in fact-" Klaus starts only to be cut off.

"All right. Come on. You both know the drill. Thierry's my guy, inner circle. Klaus is my old-time friend and sire. He's also a guest here. Peace, all right? All right." Marcel says to the both of them, "What you need, my brother?" He then asks Klaus.

"I'm afraid my sister Rebekah is insisting I demand Elijah's return. She's quite worked up about it." Klaus lies. Not that he would admit it but he felt a sense of building guilt about what he did to his elder brother.

"I'll say." Marcel comments, remembering his interaction with the female original the other day.

"We're not gonna have 3 Originals walking around town, are we? Half our guys think the sister killed the nightwalkers." Thierry's tone portrays his disbelief as he continues to act like the Original Hybrid isn't in the room.

"Is that an accusation against an Original?" Klaus asks his tone dangerously low.

"Eh." Thierry simply shrugs, arrogance radiating of him like heat from the sun.

Klaus goes to rush at Thierry but Marcel intervenes- luckily for Thierry and only adding to Klaus' anger.

"What did I say about peace?" Marcel sighs, "come on, walk with me." The NOLA ruler invites Klaus.

"Your inner circle man lacks a sense of humour." The Hybrid says.

"He's a little overprotective, but loyal to a fault. I saved his life back in the forties, found him dying of a war wound outside a VA hospital. He'd kill for me and die for me. Plus, that boy can play the trumpet like you would not believe. Maybe I'll see if he can play a little tonight at the party. You're coming, right?" Marcel quizzed his sire.

"How can I miss my chance to meet the city councilman as he accepts your gigantic charitable donation?"

"Oh, he's a schmuck, but he lets us do our thing in exchange for certain community services, like keeping our fangs out of the locals. Listen, about your brother... I would love to help you out, but Thierry is right. My guys are on edge. They see the Original family moving in, vampires dying, it makes them nervous. If I hand Elijah back now, it might give the wrong impression about who's really in charge here. You know what I mean?"

"You understand I had to ask."