Chapter thirty eight

38. HIGHEST HIGHS

"You ready?" Hayley asks as she looks toward the Wolf pack who certainly look ready for a fight, even though knowing full well the witches could take them out with a flick of their wrists and Hayley silently admired the pack loyalty

"Always." Jackson vowed sternly, edging subtly closer to Hayley as she remained oblivious, only to pause when three loud, feral sounding growls erupted from where the originals stood.

"You guys alright?" Hayley immediately asked in concern as she whipped around the face her favourite people in the world - below her daughter obviously. Her hair whipping Jackson in the face.

"We're fine." Klaus assured in a strained voice, having trouble restraining himself from attacking the Kenner man and tearing him apart right then and there.

"Okay." Hayley nodded unconvinced, sending a reassuring smile to all of them - wanting to ease their anger about whatever was bugging them - before turning back around to face the pack.

"You should probably backup." Eve whispered tightly to Jackson, seeing the what could only be described as completely murderous glares which the three infatuated originals kept throwing Jackson's way because of his proximity to the Marshall girl.

Jackson finally looked away from Hayley, making direct eye contact with Klaus whose hybrid features were just itching to come out and then Rebekah who looked ready to tear him into small chicken nugget sized pieces and feed it to his pack, then to Elijah whose normally warm brown eyes held intense threat and warning.

The Kenner Wolf instantly took multiple steps away from the oblivious Marshall, fearing for his safety and his life by the looks in the siblings eyes.

"Let's do this." Hayley's velvety, alluring voice snapped the Mikaelson's out of their silent rage and Jackson out of his fearful state.  The Marshall werewolf was eager to kill Esther, wanting to keep her beloved daughter as safe as possible in this dangerous, threat filled world.

The remaining Mikealsons nodded, smirking to themselves pleased when they saw the large distance which Jackson had purposely created between himself and Hayley.

Half of the pack snuck around one side of the cemetery while the other half went around the other side of the cemetery and the Mikaelsons along with Hayley walked boldly, straight through the middle.

Hayley's combat boots clunked against the concrete floor as she made her way around the cemetery, completely uncaring if the original witch bitch found her - that was kind of the point.

Walking into one of the stone vaults, her eyes widened comically when she saw the kidnapped wolves - for the first time in a while loosing her nonchalant front as she looked at the two young kids who couldn't be any older than two, with bruises on them, who'd been kidnapped and she felt a rage boil up within her.

"Hey sweetie." Hayley immediately soothed, jogging toward the injured and silently crying children who instantly clung onto her, finding comfort within her embrace.  "What are your names?"

"Amaya." The small blue eyed, black haired girl sniffed and hiccuped as she dug her head further into Hayley's neck, seeking that maternal comfort.

"Erica." The other smaller green eyed, blonde haired girl sniffled as her small hands grasped onto the material of Hayley's cotton shirt.

"Where are your mommies." Hayley smiled, tickling the children lightly, successfully making them giggle happily.

The two little girls shrugged cluelessly at her question before returning to lying in her embrace contently : Hayley sighed lightly, bouncing the two children up on both her hips, this is definitely not what she had envisioned when she'd come to save the kidnapped wolfs.

"Found you." Hayley heard Kol cackle manically and immediately sped over to the scene, careful to keep the children content and to not scare them with the fast moving.

"Well this is certainly not how I expected you to return." Freya hummed in amusement and confusion as she was first to take notice of Hayley who'd sped over to them, two children bouncing on either side of her body.

"I need to find their mother or something." Hayley said as she rocked the little girls in her arms, keeping them oblivious to the conversation about them.

"Oh I don't think that'll happen any time soon." Esther's wicked, spine chilling laughter filled the air as her crooked finger gestured over toward the dead body of a dead male and female wolf.

Hayley turned and immediately buried the children's heads further into her, not wanting them to see the bleeding and battered looking body of their mother and the beheaded corpse of their father.

"Shit." Hayley cursed lightly, "Well what are we supposed to do now?" She sighed out, gesturing to the children who were in her arms comfortably.

"I can take them." Eve suggested softly as she came around the corner, her eyes actively avoiding the tied up and bloody Esther in the metal chair, "I've always wanted children but I could never have any.."

"If you need anything let us know Evie bean." Hayley smiled softly as the platinum blonde woman, whose eyes went teary as she took both of the little girls into her arms, "That ones Amaya and the other cutie is Erica."

"Hi little ones." Eve breathed out emotionally, sending a sorrowful look at the body of the twin's mother before looking to the children who cooed up at her.

"Now - where were we." Klaus said as the Mikealsons and Hayley turned back to Esther after an emotional Eve had left with the two baby girls. Finally, they could resume their torture session. Yippee.