Todd Anderson (gender neutral)

They Love Him ...

-Todd Anderson is know to be the shyest person at Welton Academy

-
Todd Anderson is know to be the shyest person at Welton Academy. He has friends, not many, but he has friends. His best friend is Neil Perry, arguable the most popular at Welton Academy and one of the smartest there.

Neil was always in the spotlight, parties, football, and on stage. Todd didn't like being in Neil's shadow, even his parents would compare the two.

"why can't you be more like neil?"
"where did we go wrong as parents?"
"you should learn something from neil"

It went on and on, his parents never let it go and Todd began to become frustrated.

That's until a new student came to Welton Sophomore year. Oh and they were just so breathtakingly attractive.

They played sports, were in hundreds of clubs, their hair shined, and they were outspoken and kept their head high.

It was safe to say that Todd had fallen in love with them the second he set eyes on them. But again, Neil was always first when it came to making friends.

They followed Neil and Todd everywhere, parties, clubs, during lunch, breakfast, and dinner. Everywhere they went they followed along.

Todd didn't mind, in fact he loved having them around. That's until Neil got close to them.

"want to go to a party?"
"going to the game?"
"oh! you're joining the play?"

Todd felt jealousy creeping and wasn't very happy.

"Hey Todd, want to go to a party with Neil and I?" They would ask. Neil never protested, Neil adored Todd.

"Oh, sure! I'd um.. really like to." Todd would smile and follow them to wherever the party was.

"You'll love it there. Knox's girlfriend invited us, and well I love it when it's the three of us." They would smile at Todd causing him to blush.

"Oh, thanks for inviting me then." Todd would shyly smile looking at the floor before Neil would chime in.

"We're close, just a few more blocks!"

Soon enough they arrived at the party where unfortunately they all separated.

Neil walked to Knox who was with a group of people.

(Y/n) walked over to Chris and a group of girls.

And Todd, well Todd just sat down on a couch where a group of couples were making out.

A drunk high school student stumbled his way next to Todd offering him a drink.

"No thank you." Todd said.

"I sense a sad energy here, most likely coming from you innit? What's your deal?" The high schooler would ask.

"There's no issue. Never has been." Todd muttered as the high school rolled his eyes.

"The names Jake, I go to Ridgeway, you?" Jake asked taking a sip from his drink.

"Todd." He replied.

Todd looked around before spotting (Y/n), they were standing there drink in hand laughing and chatting.

"You like them don't you?" Jake said taking another sip of his drink. Todd scoffed looking away before turning back to look at them.

Just as he turned to look at them Neil inched closer to them and put his arm around their shoulder laughing.

"They like him..." Todd sighed turning away not wanting to look at them. It pained him how unable he was to just talk to them, just tell them, it couldn't hurt.

"You should tell them." Jake whispered taking another sip of his drink before standing and stumbling away.

'You should tell them' rang in his ears, as if mocking him.

Todd stood up and left the party. The cold air hit him instantly as he made his way back to Welton. He wasn't going to stay another minute at a place he knew he wasn't welcomed at.

Besides he wasn't invited so why should he be there?

"Todd!" Someone called his name but he didn't turn, he continued to walk. He heard loud foot steps nearing him before he was yanked and forced to face the individual.

"What?" Todd asked angrily.

"Excuse me. I should be the mad one here, what the hell?" They said, Todd glared at the ground scoffing to himself.

"Why does it matter? It's not like my presence was needed. You and Neil could've managed just fine." Todd said allowing a fee tears to fall from his blue eyes.

"Todd quit being dramatic. We invited you because we obviously wanted you there!" They shouted letting go of Todd's arm.

Todd looked into their eyes, Carpe Diem. Todd placed his hand on their cheek and brought them in for a kiss.

(Y/n) was surprised to sag the least but kissed back immediately. They deepened the kiss their hand now on both of Todds cheeks.

It was a while before they bulled away, Todds face pink and hot. (Y/n) place their forehead on Todds and with a smile they pecked his lips.

"Bold. I like the bold Todd Anderson. I thought you would never kiss me." They laughed placing their hand on Todd's hand.

"I-" Todd began but was cut off by (Y/n) placing their lips on his, he kissed back and thats how it went.

They'd pull away smile, laugh then kiss again, long pecks, short pecks. It was cold and Todd's nose turned pink. They headed back to the party where a drunk Neil was dancing on the table sloppily singing to "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen.