Charlie/Knox/Reader (she/her)

Thank you for the request! REQUESTS ARE OPEN!!

You have been friends with the Poets since your first year at Welton Academy. You adored all of them and would do absolutely anything for them all.

But one Poet in particular always caught your eye, Knox Overstreet. He was the second tallest in the group and a hopeless romantic.

You started liking him your freshman year before you Todd joined the group. You of course didn't expect this to go anywhere, you never did.

Yet you always held onto hope that maybe he'd confess to you. In the hopeless romantic way, you held on to hope for years.

That's until Junior year when he met a girl named Chris and became besotted with her. Your heart shattered into pieces the day he announced to everyone.

"How was dinner with the Danburry's?" You asked looking up from your text book, your eyes were met with a dazed Knox.

"What?" He asked once he was out of his little world and back to earth.

"She asked how was dinner at the Danburry's?" An annoyed Charlie asked an eyebrow raised.

"It was awful," he sighed.

"Why? What happened?" Neil asked finally looking up from his textbook.

"I met the most beautiful girl today," he sighed. At that moment you could feel your stomach drop as you felt your heart break into millions of pieces.

"What? How is that awful?!" Neil exclaimed a smile on his face. Your face was sad as you quickly looked at your textbook trying your hardest to avoid crying.

"She's practically married to Chet Danburry," you blocked out the rest of the conversation as you tried to occupy your time with your homework in front of you.

Charlie noticing your expression fall changed the subject immediately but Knox always found a way to mention this girl.

For the next week you tried your best to avoid Knox and the topic of the girl named Chris. No one seemed to notice how you began to change and how you tensed at the name of Chris.

"(Y/n)!" You heard Knox call out as you tried your best to ignore it walking faster. "(Y/n)!?" He called out again before stopping you.

"Knox! Hey!" You said surprised.

"Didn't you hear me call for you?" He asked a tone of confusion.

"No? Sorry I was sort of distracted," you chuckled and he shrugged. "What's up?"

"You're the only girl I'm friends with," he said breaking your heart. "So, I wanted to know what girls like, how would you want to be asked out?"

"Asked out? Oh, well. Flowers, poem, a nice grassy area, oh! Maybe even a picnic those are always super romantic!" You smiled dazedly as you stared into the distance imagining Knox taking you on a picnic date.

"Thank! I'm thinking about finally asking Chris to be my girlfriend, I'm almost sure she likes me back!" He smiled grabbing your hands before hugging you, "wish me luck!"

You watched as he jogged away and towards the boys dormitory as your expression was once again sad.

"You alright?" Charlie asked as he stood besides you.

"Alright? Me?" You asked your voice cracking and filled with sadness, "yeah! I'm fine!" You smiled before walking away from Charlie allowing yourself to cry.

You hadn't seen Knox the entire day until towards the night when you all were in the cave. You could hear faint laughter as you heard Knox enter a girl besides him.