26

"Honestly, as much as I'm enjoying this, I need you to talk", Enzo said as he roughly plunged a butchering knife into the man's thigh causing him to scream in pain.

"No screaming. My ear drums love their healthy state", Matteo said as he drove a crew driver into his stomach.

The man they were torturing began to cough out blood but it didn't seem to stop them from torturing him.

"Are you ready to talk or I still have to remove your teeth?", Enzo asked as he roughly pulled out the knife. The man cried, "I'll talk! I'll talk!".

"Then fucking start!", Matteo pulled the screw driver out of his stomach. He stood to his full length and went to drop the tool on the wooden desk.

"Start talking, Greg", Enzo said as he removed the gloves on his hands. "I didn't have enough money to pay the French Mafia", the man coughed. "So they told you to steal from me", Enzo said turning to face him.

The man nodded, "They said if I could steal the gold, they'd leave my family alone. They've been torturing my family for too long".

Enzo's jaw clenched at what he said. If this man was saying the truth, then he had a fair probability of leaving here alive.

"You know that gold is really expensive, right?", Enzo asked. The man nodded, "I know it's expensive. I didn't have another choice. They threatened to kill my daughter".

Matteo noticed the tear slip from his eyes. "What about your daughter?", he decided to ask. "She's just three years old and she's in the hospital having seizures. I didn't want her to die so I had to steal it", the man confessed.

At least the man had a reason to steal the gold. "All I wanted was for them to leave my family alone. I don't want the gold, I never did but Matthew wanted it", the man said.

Enzo's jaw ticked at the mention of Matthew's name. That bastard was surely going to pay for all he has done.

"If I let you go, you will never get associated with the mafia world again?", Enzo asked. The man nodded, "I swear".

Enzo nodded at Matteo. Matteo took out a injection with a clear liquid in it and walked towards the man.

"Sleep tight", he said and injected the man. The man yelled in pain and then blacked out as the liquid circulated his blood vessels.

"I'll get the men to take him to the hospital", Matteo told Enzo. He nodded and walked out of the room.

He walked up the stairs and headed for his room. Arieon walked out of her room and immediately screamed as she saw the amount of blood on his shirt.

"Relax, it's not mine", he told her and she let out a breath of relief. "I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop showing up like this", she said. "Get used to it", Enzo said as he walked passed her. "Rude", she huffed and walked down the stairs.

Agatha was sitting on the dining table lost in her thoughts that she didn't realize Arieon's presence. Arieon went to sit beside her and placed her hand on Agatha's hand drawing her attention.

"What are you thinking about?", Arieon asked. Agatha cleared her throat and shook her head. Heat rushed to her face at how she was caught spacing out.

"Nothing", she said. "Are you sure?", Arieon asked her. Agatha nodded, "I'm sure". Arieon didn't want to drop the topic yet, "You can tell me anything, you know".

Agatha said and buried her face in her arms on the table. "C-can Matteo ever love me?", She stuttered. Arieon smiled at how embarrassed Agatha was to be talking about her emotions.