5: How Does Feel To Know The Most Wanted Bitch In The Country?

It's been a year.

The Ghost hit almost all the museums and jewelry stores in Winchester.

Hell, she even hit some of them twice. People double up on security and that doesn't seem to help.

People say it's the inevitable.

They let her take what she wants because no matter what, they can't stop her. One would wake up one morning and go to work, only to find out The Ghost cleaned them out and that'd be it.

The most it does it does is add to her reputation. The police would arrive and nothing.

The only thing left is the jack of either heart, diamonds, clubs or spades with a little banter for the detective written on the back.

L tried matching the handwriting which is the only evidence left behind.

The Ghost also hits random places so it's hard to tell which region of Winchester she resides.

The detective drove himself crazy trying to find something

Some kind of evidence, some kind of DNA, some kind of lead.

L was even desperate to figure out her name. That was until something popped into his brain.

The suitcase she left behind that day. They thought that the briefcase would lead to a break in the case, so they didn't let anyone touch it. But it provided nothing so as it was no good evidence therefore L can now get his hands on it.

Immediately he called Watari which rang once before his voice was heard.

"Yes?"

"I need you to retrieve the suitcase filled with artifacts from the police." He said standing from his crouched position with a grunt, "No one is to touch that."

"Right away, L." He heard Watari say.

She was too fucking good and with all the practice she's been getting with the robberies, she was getting better.

The detective looked over her patterns and choice of target.

She'd disable alarms, shut down the system, loop the camera feed, crawl through the vents, steal and leave.

He looked through the camera feed of the streets around the target places she'd chosen.

That girl he met was placed at every single one, granted she wasn't spotted near the building just spotted a couple streets or blocks over.

All he needed now proof and her location.

Just then, a couple knocks were heard then Watari came in.

"What you requested." He placed the suitcase that was in a plastic bag on the coffee table.

"That would be all." L dismissed him so he could jump into work once again.

He took it out of the bag with his pointer and thumb finger holding the handle.

She has been so careful in all these robberies they never checked the briefcase at all as they thought it would be a waste of time.

L pulled a LED light out of his drawer and took the lights off.

Flipping the switch on the side, blue illuminated from the bulb and every substance not seen to the naked eye was now present.

There were multiple fingerprints on the briefcase, he'd assume it was when they first confiscated briefcase.

He matched all the fingerprints to the policemen that were at the scene of the crime but only one was different.

Kenjii Macher.

This puzzled the detective.

"Who is this guy?" He mumbled to himself as he stared at the picture of Kenjii on his screen.

Accomplice? Boyfriend? Friend? Random person?

So, the search began for him. It took a while but eventually the detective found him

He was sitting on a chair outside the local cafe with a cup in his hand whilst the other held a phone.

Kenjii was scrolling on it before sliding his shades to the top of his head, keeping the hair out of his eyes.

The detective took the suitcase in his thumb and pointer and and walked to his direction.

L placed the case on the table in front of Kenny which made his head shoot up from his phone.

"I am detective L Lawliet."

"Um. Hello?" Kenjii said with a raised brow, "What can I do for you?"

The detective pointed to the briefcase, "Is this yours?"

Kenjii rest his phone down on the table and pulled the briefcase on his lap to inspect it.

However, L eyes moved to his phone that was on home screen. His screen saver being himself beside a girl.

His little mouse.

Both grinning at the camera at the fair or some carnival.

He deducted that he was close with her or even personally close. They seemed comfortable with each other.

"Girlfriend?"

Kenjii pried his eyes off the briefcase to the slouching man, he followed his gaze and realized he was looking at his wallpaper.

He chuckled and shook his head, "Na man. She's a good friend of mine.".

The brunet realizes the marker stain on the velvet lining of the briefcase and ran a finger over it.

"This is mine." He furrowed his brows, "I gave it to a friend. How do you have it?"

"Did you give it to her?" He nodded towards the phone.

"Yeah."

He doesn't know he's friends with the most notorious thief in England, possibly the world, has ever seen. What a shame.

"What's her name?"

"Look, you're gonna tell me what's going on?" Kenjii said getting annoyed.

"Your friend is in trouble. Tell me her name."

"Y/n L/n." Said kenjii, "What do you mean she's in trouble. What did she do?"

L hummed in satisfaction as he had just learned of the person single handily torturing his mind. The male stood from his seat, waiting for his response.

"She owes money."

Kenjii scoffs, "Whatever it is I'll pay. How much does she owe?"

The detective shook his head and slid a hand into the pockets of his blue jeans.

"Currently, about three point one million pounds."

Kenjii was rendered speechless when the detective walked away.

His brain settled and processed those words.

He'd never thought Y/n was one to ever do something like that, she seemed like the one in the group who was innocent. Who'd snap someone out of doing bad things, especially Kenjii

In connecting all the dots, it was then he realized that his friend was the the most wanted thief in England.