Foresaken

Bruno nervously opened his door, not trusting what could lie behind the glowing wood. Pepa, along with the entire village, practically breathe down his neck. Julieta tries her best to be encouraging, but it barely works. Bruno eventually caved into the pressure, and thrust the door open. He, along with several others, were hit with a flurry of sand. Cautiously, Bruno entered the room, the townsfolk following in anticipation.

As everyone scanned the room, whispers of disappointment flooded the crowd. Even Alma's face had shrunk into a disappointed grimace.

Emilia was the only one who was still interested. She took Bruno's hand, and began leading him up the stairs. The triplet girls and twins closely followed, and made quick time up the stairs. They were nice, not worn down or cracked. There was a bridge to a cave, which they quickly crossed.

Once inside, Bruno immediately gathered items from inside and put them in their place. Nobody dared stop him, until he lit a flame. Julieta let out an audible gasp, Pepas cloud thundered. Dario and Pablo just inched closer, Emilia was too absorbed in the moment to stop them.

Bruno's eyes suddenly turned green, and a tiny windstorm blew in a circle around him. Sand and green segments flew into the wind, while everyone else watched. The cave itself gave off a mystical vibe, although everyone quickly noticed there was no place for Bruno to sleep.

The wind stopped. Bruno then stood there, and his eyes returned to normal. A glowing green plate was in his hands, and upon closer looking, there was an image of Alma and Emilia arguing.

Emilia led the children back down, and Alma was waiting for them. Alma had never looked angry at her best friend before, especially after the Encanto had come to life. Now was different. Alma glared with such hatred at Emilia, like she had done something evil. Emilia had bent down to hug Bruno, and he said four words, ones that would forever doom the L/N family.

"I love you, Mama."

"Y/n, open your eyes. It's alright." Mirabel said.

You open your eyes, and breathed in heavily. You hadn't realized you'd been holding your breath. You can feel yourself relaxing, taking in the images forming around you. Bruno seems to be focused ahead, his face blank.

The both of them then look behind you, so you release their hands to turn around. A clip of the candle perched on the window, and a cracks knocks it over as it rolls away. A crack going down the mountains, opening a passage outside the Encanto. A door toppling over, heading straight for Antonio, while Felix barely pulls him away.

The vision you'd seen before, the one on the shards, begins to form again. Casita begins cracking and repairing itself, while you and Mirabel hold your stance. In the vision, your stares never waver from one another.

Bruno breathes in heavily and says something you don't hear. "It's just the same thing! I gotta stop!" Bruno yells, falling to his knees.

"No! I need to know which way it goes! There's got to be an answer, something we're not seeing!" Mirabel yells, frantically looking around.

"You're looking at the same thing I am." Bruno defends.

"Bruno, listen to me. I know this is scary, and I know you haven't had a vision for years, but this is important. You've always been misunderstood, but not by me. I understand you. Your pain." You say, taking his hands in yours. "We have to keep going. You love your family, I know. Do it for them." You encourage.

"There! Over there!" Mirabel shouts, pointing to a glowing Mariposa.

"Butterfly! Follow the butterfly!" Bruno shouts back. Mirabel takes his hands from yours and pulls him closer. When they get close, more images form.

The mariposa lands on some leaves. "Where is that?" Mirabel questions.

"I-I mean.. it's all out of order!" Bruno says. Another image forms.. "Its.. it's the candle! The candles getting brighter!"

Mirabel suddenly appears next to the candle. She looks at it as it continues to burn brighter.

"I think you're gonna help the candle!"

"How?"

Suspense builds. For some odd reason, you feel an urge to burn something. You're seriously debating between Mirabels hair or Bruno's ruana when another person is forming in the image. Luckily for you, well, mostly them, your thoughts are drawn away from the burning.

"An embrace.. an embrace!" Bruno shouts, as Mirabel hugs the stranger. Really? A hug should be easy. And totally boring.

You completely tune out what else is going on. Why shouldn't you? You can't believe you thought there would be a whole complicated process to save their stupid candle. Maybe you just can't accept that you're wrong.

"Isabella!" Mirabel shrieks.

You're drawn back to the present in a heartbeat. Isabella? That shouldn't be a problem, you're on great terms. Even if Mirabel and Isa aren't too good right now, you'll be able to make some kind of amend with them. Easy.

"So.. we have to go see Isa." You say. "Sounds easy, we're on pretty good terms actually." You brag.

Mirabel sighs. "You're on nickname terms?"

"Well I haven't actually called her that to her face, but we're all good." You amend.

"Uhm.. I don't mean to burst your bubble.. but you can't go." Bruno cuts in.

Wait, what?! That's really going to complicate things. You look to Mirabel, who's face is just as confused as yours must be. You practically have a staring contest before Bruno jumps in again.

"The vision had Mirabel in it, not you. I appreciate that you want to help.. but you can't." Bruno mutters.

"Bruno's right Y/n." Mirabel sighs. "Come on, let's get this over with."

The three of you trek down to leave Antonio's room, but not before giving your thanks to Antonio.

"Hey bud, thanks a lot. We owe you one." You say.

"Promise you'll come visit?" Antonio says, his beautiful eyes twinkling. The way he looks.. he reminds you of Camilo.

"How could I not? And I'll bring Maria too, that way we can have even more fun!" You say, tickling him. You're rewarded with a series of small giggles and a hug.

You look up and realize Bruno and Mirabel have already left, so you hastily say goodbye and catch up to them.

Mirabel looks disgruntled. You would say you understand, but you don't. How can hugging her sister be so terrible?

Mirabel walks off, and enters Isabella's room. She turns back one more time to look at you, and you give her a thumbs up.

"I should get home. My family is worried sick about me." You start off, but Bruno takes your hand. He flinched and pulls back.

"Wait.. I.. I need to talk to you." Bruno says.

Two Madrigals need to talk to you in one day.

This will be fun.