13|| Love

"That's none of your business, I assume

"That's none of your business, I assume."

🌀

Ruhi had left the papers she took from Suhana on her bed. She had gone to the grocery store.

Aditya walked into their room, whistling to himself. He had just come back from his friend Hitesh's house.

The white papers caught his eyes at once. He walked up to it, curiously. He sat on her bed and ruffled through the pages. The handwriting wasn't her sister but her best friend's. He read a line:

Hyacinth died in the arms of his lover, Apollo.

The word was 'Apollo' was smudged a little as if a drop of water had fallen on it.

Aditya looked at the paper weirdly.

"From when did she start reading Greek mythology?" He thought aloud.

"I don't," came an instant reply. He spun around and looked at the doorway.

Ruhi was standing there, looking rather nervous.

"Then, whose is it?" Aditya inquired.

"Suhana's," responded Ruhi.

"Why is it with you?"

"She gave me."

"Why did she give you?" Aditya waved the stack of paper in the air. Ruhi snatched it from him and kept it neatly on her bed. She threw him a glare.

"That's none of your business, I assume," said Ruhi, haughtily.

Aditya's eyes narrowed into slits. He pointed an accusing finger towards Ruhi. "You better say the reason or else I am not going rest until I find it."

Ruhi looked at him, sincerely. She let out a breath.

"I am bisexual," she blurted out.

Aditya looked stunned but soon his lips split into a grin. He strode towards his sister and put his hands on her shoulder.

"You are sure?" He asked.

Ruhi only nodded still confused by his behaviour.

"I always wanted someone in my family to be a part of the LGBTQ community," he explained, jovially. "At last, I got one."

"You are... okay with it?" She asked, sceptically.

"Totally." He nodded, sincerely.

Ruhi gave him a toothy grin and hugged him. He patted her head.

"Thanks," she whispered.

"No need to thank me," he said. "Your sexuality is your sexuality and you should be proud of it. And as your big brother, it's my responsibility to see that no homophobic people come near you. I will shoo them away."

Ruhi let out a small laugh and hugged him more tightly.