17|| All Nighter

"We got it the first time you said

"We got it the first time you said."

🌀

Ruhi, Aditya, Suhana, Ritesh and Siddharth sat on the bed with their back resting against the headboard.

"That is Yelena," said Suhana for the millionth times.

"We got it the first time you said," said Siddharth, dryly.

"Whatever." She dismissed his words with a wave of her hand.

Ruhi was munching delightfully on her chips while Suhana was eating everything together. She took a bite off her chips, and chocolate and stuffed her face with popcorn and then took a swing from the bottle of Coke. Siddharth was only eating chocolates which covered his lips and hands. Aditya and Ritesh being the quietest of the group only munched on their popcorn.

The movie ended with Yelena visiting Natasha's grave and getting a task to assassinate Clint.

"That film was weird," murmured Aditya. Unfortunately, Suhana heard him and turned to him with glaring eyes.

"How dare you!" She thundered.

"He meant weird in a good way." Ritesh came to Aditya's rescue. Suhana glared at him. He nervously adjusted his specs.

"I know what he meant," said Suhana. "Clearly," she added.

Ruhi intervened before anything 'serious' could happen.

"Okay, okay. Let's not fight after watching a wonderful movie," said Ruhi.

Suhana huffed in response and walked out of the room.

"There goes the She-Devil," said Siddharth, dryly.

"Stop it, Siddharth." Ruhi slapped his arm playfully.

She got up from the bed and walked towards the window. The moon provided an entrancing aura to the sleeping Goa. She smiled at it and leaned forward, her elbows resting on the window ledge.

"I am going to sleep," Siddharth announced, followed by a shuffling sound as he exited the room and went to the other room to sleep.

"I will join him." Aditya left the room.

Ritesh was the only one left apart from Ruhi. He didn't say anything but instead observed her. The way her black hair swayed gently with the rhythm of the breeze, the way her blue kurti looked delicately beautiful under the moonlight, everything about her enchanted him.

He got up from the bed and walked up to the window where Ruhi was standing.

"It's beautiful," said Ritesh, both for the moon and the girl standing beside her.

"Yes, it is," said Ruhi, unbeknownst to the second reason.

Ritesh gazed at her, fondly. A stray hair escaped from behind her ear, irritating her. He gently brought his fingers upto her face and tucked her hair behind her ear.

Ruhi got startled and was about to back away when she realised it was Ritesh only.

Suhana felt a pang seeing them so close together. She had been observing everything since Ritesh got up to stand beside her. She knew Ritesh would never like her. Why would he when someone as beautiful as Ruhi was there? But she didn't hold any grudge against Ruhi. What was her fault? Nothing. Neither did she feel any hatred towards Ritesh. He still loved her as a friend and that was enough for her thirsty heart.

Suhana smiled at herself, sadly and retreated back into the living room where she had been sitting, contemplating her thoughts. She sat there again and contemplated her life, feelings and dreams.

Ruhi and Ritesh stood there in comfortable silence, enjoying each other's company. She leaned slightly back and rested her head against his shoulder. Ritesh was taken aback by this gesture but soon snaked his arm around his waist.

"Don't you think the moon is brighter today?" asked Ruhi, gazing at the moon in a way as if they are old friends who had been separated.

"Indeed," Ritesh answered, gazing at his moon; Ruhi.

Ruhi felt safe and secure in his arms. They stood there for a few more minutes before Ruhi started yawning.

"You're sleepy," said Ritesh, guiding her to the bed. "Let's sleep."

"Suhana..." Ruhi pointed towards the door, indicating that Suhana hadn't returned yet.

"She will come soon. Don't worry. She is just angry." Ritesh laughed. The sound of his laughter sounded sweet to Ruhi. She pinched his cheek which immediately turned bright pink.

"Did I make Ritesh blush?" She cooed, seeing his flustered state.

"What- no-no. Of course, not," Ritesh stuttered, making it more prominent that he was lying.

"Don't be shy."

Ruhi laid down on the bed, Ritesh beside her. Ruhi's eyes dropped, pulling her into the land of dreams. Ritesh heard her soft snores. He smiled at her, adorably and kissed her forehead, lovingly. He then moved away, putting some distance between him and her. He closed his eyes. While listening to the soft sounds of wind and rustling of leaves, he was plunged into a peaceful slumber.

She didn't realise when it was already 11 p.m. She got up from the sofa and went back into the room to sleep. When she entered, she saw Ritesh and Ruhi already asleep. Unbeknownst to them, they had drifted towards each other. Ritesh's arm around Ruhi's waist and Ruhi's face snuggled into his chest.

She decided not to disturb them and went to sleep with Siddharth and Aditya.

She opened the door, meekly and poked her head in. Making sure no funny business was going on, she stepped in. Who knew what people did behind closed doors? It was better to be prepared for 'nasty' surprises. Aditya a d Siddharth were simply sitting on the bed, chatting with each other or more like Siddharth talking and Aditya nodding along.

"Can I sleep with you two?" She asked.

Siddharth and Aditya looked at each other, taken aback by her politeness.

"Why not?" Siddharth moved aside making space for Suhana in the middle.

"Thank you." She climbed on the bed and laid down on the bed.

"Why are you sleeping with us?" Why not Ruhi?" Siddharth asked.

"To irritate you two," said Suhana, hitting Siddharth's face with a pillow.

A/N- I am back after a long. I know the chapter is boring but my brain can't produce anything right now. I hope you will enjoy it and don't forget to vote and comment.

 I hope you will enjoy it and don't forget to vote and comment