Chapter 28: SWAT and Chicago PD

Hello

here I am again with a new chapter.
I wish you a lot of fun and as always I look forward to comments, suggestions or just feedback.

LG

Emma stopped again in front of police station 21. Again, the two got out.
"Hailey and Jay are also police officers. They have their own unit, intelligence. Great people, they all really have something on it," Emma told her colleague.
Together they climbed the stairs.
"Emma, nice to see her," an elderly woman greeted her.
" Hi Trudy, how are they doing. I am also happy to see them. May I introduce you to my colleague David Kay... Deacon, this is Sgt Trudy Platt"
"Hello" he reached out to her.
"Trudy, are Hailey and Jay up?" she immediately asked.
"yes, they have a rather delicate case," she said briefly.
"I'll open you up"
" thank you". Emma pointed Deacon to the stairs. The two climbed the stairs and Trudy opened the grid for them to go upstairs to the unit.
"Everything pretty different here," Deacon said, looking around as they continued to walk up.
"Hello," Emma said as she reached the final stage. Immediately 4 eyes looked at her.
"No, that's her again," said a man totally surprised and joyful and jumped up. He immediately embraced her.
"Hey Adam"
"hey sweetie, all right with you?" he asked.
"Yes, everything is okay," she smiled and looked at the female person.
"No, oh, Kim, how far are you?" she looked at the policewoman beaming.
" 6 months, so only desk" she pulled a pout, got up and hugged the dark-haired one.
"Is he?" she pointed to Adam.
" Yes. We can't do without the other" Kim closed his eyes and grinned.
"Oh, I'm really happy for you," she quipped. That was nice news.
"Who did you bring with you?" asked Adam.
" oh, sorry. This is my colleague David Kay, or Deacon. Deacon is Officer Adam Ruszek and Kim Burgess. And it looks like they will soon be parents," she laughed. At that moment, she heard voices coming out of the interrogation room. In the middle of the movement, Jay stopped.
"Em?" he asked, as if he had seen a ghost.
"Hello, you two," she said quietly, as if she were afraid. But immediately the two came and took her in their arms.
"Did you miss us?" he wanted to know.
"That too, but I have to talk to you," she said seriously again and looked at Deacon. Again he stood there and nodded.
"okay, come on, I'll make us a coffee," said Kevin, who had also joined. They all went to the small kitchen and sat down. Deacon had introduced himself again and now all eyes were on Emma. Deacon put his hand on hers. She took a deep breath.

"You were right, back then. I didn't feel well when I left here. And today I am here because I have to face my past. It all started when I got the new team leader. He and his buddies, they sexually harassed and abused me. For months... And they threatened me that if I told you or Kelly something, something would happen to someone and I would be punished even worse." It had always done so much to lie to her friends. But she was afraid of what would happen.
" These lousy pigs. I always knew that he was a complete idiot. But because let's grab each other," she suddenly heard a voice from the door. She saw Hank standing at the door as he clenched his hands into fists.
"He is already in custody," Deacon then added. Emma looked at him so he could keep talking.
"He and his colleagues were in L.A. at a SWAT party, they tried again there, but luckily my colleagues and I were quick and were able to prevent it. The 3 are really the last scum and I hope they go behind bars forever. But unfortunately, it won't come to that with a single one," Deacon explained.
"After Emma left, 2 new women were hired at SWAT," Kevin said suddenly.
"What, oh my God" Emma could only guess what had happened to them.
"Yes, we have had to deal with SWAT a lot lately."
"How are you now?" Hailey came to her and knelt next to her.
"I'm fine again. Thanks to Deacon, I've learned that I have to work through the whole thing. He found me in the locker room. And then I knew it was time to get help. After the incident, I was in therapy for a few weeks. The trip to Chicago is the last hurdle to successfully complete the therapy," she explained. She looked at Jay. She could see the anger in his eyes. The two had always got along very well. He had entrusted her with a great deal. They had always been able to talk very well, although he often had a hard time. She got up and walked towards him.
"I'm sorry Jay. I would have loved to tell you. But you would immediately go after the guys and I didn't want to make it worse," she said softly.
"I get it, but I'm so angry at the dirty guys and that we couldn't help you" He took her in his arms.

"I'm very reluctant to interrupt you, but we got the stay of the guys," Trudy burst in.
"Okay, but we need support from SWAT," Hank said. Even if he didn't like them after hearing what he just heard.
" I've already tried. "
We would only need 2 or 3 men," he growled.
"I'm sorry," Trudy shrugged his shoulders and then left.
"Okay, then we have to do it on our own. Get ready, we'll meet below," Hank gave the order.
"I'm sorry what happened to them, if we can still help somehow, let us know," he said to Emma. He had always liked her.
"Thank you," she said quietly.
" If they want to. You have 2 SWAT members here" it came from Sgt Kay. He was a policeman through and through and when he could help.
"Would they really?" asked Hank. Deacon looked at Emma, she thought for a few seconds and nodded.
"We are there". Hailey nodded, taking them both down. As they changed, Hailey enlightened them.
"It's about a serial killer of women. He kills her and cuts off limbs. He has an accomplice who chooses the women. Both are considered very dangerous." Suddenly Emma looked at Deacon. A few weeks ago, they also had such cases, but the FBI had not been able to catch the perpetrator.
"We had the same thing in L.A. a few weeks ago. However, the perpetrator or perpetrators could not be caught by the FBi."
"Well then go"
" Are they going with me?" asked Jay to Deacon. He just nodded while Emma got into hailey's car.

Hank enlightened her. And asked how Deacon would proceed.
"One team should be in the front, another should be in the back," Deacon also explained. He and Emma split up. Emma went in the back with Jay and Hailey. Deacon with Kevin and Adam in front.
At a sign from Hank, they stormed simultaneously and quietly. With quiet steps, they stormed one room after another.
" Chicago PD. Hands up," Adam shouted as they found both perpetrators on the couch upstairs. Immediately they jumped up and wanted to disappear backwards, but then they had made the calculation without Jay and Emma. The perpetrators fought back, so that teamwork was required. But she was able to calm them down and lead them away.
"Thank you for your help," Jay said, shaking hands with Deacon.
"Gladly"
Back at the guard, the team immediately got to work. They quickly said goodbye to Emma and Deacon.
"See you yet?" Hailey wanted to know.
"The 51 wanted to see us at Mollys tomorrow night, so I think so," she smiled at her friend.
" Okay," Hailey said, then went to the interrogation room.
Arriving at the bottom of the car, Emma threw the conclusions over to him.
"Drive, I'll tell you the way". Back at the hotel, Emma jumped into the shower. She needed that to get back down. In the meantime, he had already ordered pizza. He also jumped into the shower after her.

When he came back into the room, she stood at the big window and looked over the city.
"How do you feel?" he asked.
" Somehow relieved, but I'm shit to go there tomorrow. What if this happened to more women just because I didn't say anything?" she said quietly.
He took her in his arms and held her.
"You must not think like that. What you can do is get the women not to remain silent, but to join forces." He replied gently.
"You're right... Despite everything, it is good to see my old friends. I had a really good time here before the incidents"
" they like you here as much as we do in L.A. I felt that everywhere we were. But they're still your friends, even if you have a new life in L.A. now." Emma snuggled even closer to Deacon. She enjoyed it, this warmth, this security. She was just glad he had come along.
"Thank you Deacon" she turned around and it crackled again between the two. They approached each other when there was a knock at the door. They quickly let go of each other and he went to the door.
Together they sat down in bed and ate their pizza.
"Do you want to do anything else, tonight?" he asked.
" I would very much like to go for a walk and show you some nice places "
" very gladly". After they finished eating, they changed clothes and Emma showed him Chicago at night. They just strolled around and both could relax a bit. They dawdled through small shops, ate some sweets and pretended to be tourists.

"Do we still want to go to the beach?" Emma suddenly asked.
"Yes, why not," he said. Together they strolled through the sand until Emma suddenly sat down. Deacon did the same.
"I sat here very often in the evening after it happened for the first time. Here I could always switch off. Here I was able to find myself a little bit again and let my feelings out," she admitted honestly. "Here I could allow my pain," she breathed and looked at the water. Deacon moved closer to her. She put her head to his chest, and he pulled her very close to him.
"That's all over now. They will get their punishment and you will be able to live again, then he kissed her on the hair. The two were silent and each was hanging on to their thoughts as they sat so close together in the sand and also saw the water.