Fake Heroic(2)

The warrior bandit leaps at me with his giant sword already swinging.

I pretend to trip and "luckily" fall back.

*BOOOM!*

I dodged his attack by a hair. His weapon created a big hole in the inn's wall.

A large magic circle appears below the warrior bandit.

"Haste."

The bulky warrior glows red and swiftly strikes his sword down at me. The magic circle activates and clouds of dust erupt around the atmosphere but regardless, he continues his strike as he is sure of my location.

*BOOOOOOM!!*

"What..." The warrior mumbles, it didn't feel like he hit anything except the floor.

At that moment, I grasp the twins amidst the smoke and run out of the inn.

The warrior heard my footsteps and throws his sword.

!

I secretly manipulate mana to change the heavy sword's trajectory to fling it into the building across.

"W-What's going on?" Someone says after opening the window. He widens his eyes when making eye contact with the bandit and shivers, closing the window in a hurry.

Despite the noise, none tries to help directly and some ran off to get the knights.

I turn the corner and run down the empty streets with the twins in my arms.

"I will kill you!!" The warrior bandits scream, chasing after us.

I click my tongue. "Does that persistent bastard not care about the knight's arrival?" I mumble.

Glancing side to side, many civilians are looking at the commotion. I can't use mana in front of so many witnesses!

My body glows red as I cast "Haste" and my movements speed up.

A loud blast came behind and a looming figure overshadows us.

!!!!!

Before we know it, the warrior bandit is already in front with his sword up high.

I leap back to avoid the strike.

*BANG!!*

What's left of my original position is a deep trench.

...

I sigh and place the twins down. "Leave and find the knights, I will hold him back," I say.

The twins gulp and back off. "But..."

"I said go!"

They grit their teeth and run off.

...

"Huff huff..."

Both the bandit and I pant as we stare at each other.

...

The moment I step back, the bandit hops forward and slams the great sword to my waist.

"Uck!"

That flung me to the left through a building, leaving my body rolling on the other side. I seem to be in a courtyard.

"Huff huff...that fucker..." I circulate mana in my body to heal my internal injuries. Thanks to "Iron defence", I'm not fatally wounded.

The bastard jumps over the building and land near me.

"Mere brat, you should have died when I was merciful." He says.

The bandit walks to my body and kicks my stomach, throwing me across the floor. With one thrust, he amputates my arm.

"Arghh!!!"

The bandit smirks at my agony.
===========================
7 years ago...
===========================
A group of adults carry my small and frail body into an alleyway. They throw me to the ground and steps on my waist.

"Auck!" I groan.

"If it wasn't for this kid, we wouldn't be reprimanded by that nun." A man says.

"Fuck! Just thinking about it makes me mad! How dare that bitch do that just for a mere useless leech!" Another man exclaims and throws a kick to my face.

Blood splatters on the floor from my nose.

"Hey, you guys are going to kill him at this rate." A third man says.

"Does that matter? Nobody will care. His parents abandoned him outside the church at the age of four and he has zero affinity or talent. Seriously, this guy is useless, not even worthy of being fed to pigs." The first man replies. "Mere brat, you should have died when I was merciful."
============================

Fuck... Why am I recalling that forgotten event now? In addition, there is this...growing fury in my chest.

I grit my teeth.

I want to kill that bastard!

"You are glaring at me?!" The bandit says. "Hah...Hahahaha!!"

He lifts his sword and slashes it down.

*CHING!*

!?

Before he realises it, the blade of his sword flies away, leaving only the hilt.

I take a deep breath as I absorb streams of mana sent out to check for witnesses, no one is spying on us right now.

"Sorry for the wait, I will show you my real strength now," I say.

!!!

The air around us tenses up.

"What...what the hell is happening..." The bandit mumbles. An unbelievable amount of killing intent is pouring out of my body.

He subconsciously backs off as his body trembles.
The bandit knows that he must fight because if he doesn't, he will die. But his body will not listen.

"Fuck fuck...what is going on...How is this the same child from a minute ago?" He mumbles.

The bandit then finally realises it's no use. Even if he fights or not, he will die.
Regardless, he mustered his last strength to stand up and run.

A pulse of crescent blue sweeps across the ground and in the next second, the bandit is on the floor.

"mph...hah...ush!!"

The pain ricochets all around his body, yet the bandit couldn't scream in pain as something is "tightening" his throat.

*thud thump thud thump*

Sounds of various footsteps come from afar, they most likely belong to the knights. I click my tongue. "Be grateful, I'm only going to send you off with an excruciating hell," I say.

Veins slowly erect all over his body and glow blue. The glow spreads from the vein to other parts of the body causing the bandit to wiggle and twerk in pain; His fingernails break when he scratches the ground.

Ultimately, he convulses as parts of his body swell up and explode.

...

I should get going.

The knights rush into the courtyard and everyone's face turns pale from the brutality presented.