The Hero's Awakening

A prophecy was given to Lady Justace, a nun with long brown hair and eyes, and she shared it with the world. Since all of her prophecies were true, they deemed her warning this time to be accurate as well.

And thus, the world started preparing for the rise of the demon kings as stated in the prophecy.

Yet, Lady Justace was given another prophecy, one that shows the end of the world despite everyone's efforts. But hopes were not lost, the goddess and gods heard humanity plead and appointed four heroes in each continent to fight the respective demon kings, granting them their powers.

Among all the heroes, Kazuki was considered one of the strongest and luckiest. Nothing seems to be able to kill him and his abnormal growth speed.

Even now I am sure that goddess has her eyes on Kazuki, so I must destroy him before it is too late.
===============================
"Wait...that smell...you are...the...!" The fairy exclaims and her face goes pale.

?

"What?" I ask.

"I-I-I don't know."

...??

"Is it the massacre?"

"N-No! Absolutely not!" The fairy frantically denies it.

"You suck at lying," I say.

...

...

"I-I'm sorry, please spare me..." The fairy says. "I will even provide the knowledge I know, I've gained-"

I squeeze my grip tighter and she starts panicking.

She is most likely sent by Kazuki to inform Yuki of his situation. If his contracted fairy dies, he will know too.

...

I can roughly guess Kazuki's train of thought. Kazuki refuses to escape and wants to prove his innocence to retain his original reputation. But if I push Kazuki to his wit's end, he might attempt to escape as a final resort.

I don't want to lose Kazuki and it will be a hassle to search for him.

So...for now, I shouldn't kill the fairy.

When I shift my attention back to the fairy, I realise she passed out.

Mana swirls around my other hand to materialize a cage, I put the fairy in and throw her in my mana space.

Now then, I teleport to Lupis' office.

"AHH?!" She jumps in shock, throwing the brush away and knocking the piles of documents off her table.

"Princess?! What's the matter?" The butler stationed outside her office burst into the room."Who are you?"

"Wait, he is my guest!" Lupis quickly stops the butler.

The butler puts on a perplexed expression as if to tell me to just walk through the front gate. He bows at Lupis before closing the door.

...

"So what is it?" I ask.

Lupis gets up and walks over the mess she created to a cabinet and takes out a wooden box. She hands it over to me and I take it, inside the box is a bright yellow pill that emits a refreshing smell of energy.

A life elixir? Is she trying to curry favour with me?

Lupis tries to smile lightly and forms an awkward smile. "This is a gift to our partnership."

"...Thanks, anything else?" I reply.

She nods and bows.

?!

"Please...leave my kingdom intact. If my kingdom is destroyed, I wouldn't be able to support you." Says Lupis.

Look at her way of phrasing when she's simply afraid of losing her authority.

"Besides, if you wanted to frame Kazuki, I could have helped you achieve the same results more...peacefully."

I sigh. "It won't work, trust me."

...

Lupis gaze at me in this awkward atmosphere. She is wondering why I would go so far just to harm a rehabilitating deadbeat noble, I stay quiet about that.

*knock knock*

"Milady, envoys from The Kingdom of Kins have arrived. They are in the guest room." The butler outside informs Lupis.

"Noted, I will be there soon. Akuma um...is there anything else you need me to do?"

I smile at Lupis. "Not for now, deal with the aftermath of the kingdom first, our contract ends tonight anyways," I say.

Lupis tilts her head in confusion at my last sentence.

"Just keep a very close eye on Kazuki, he has the power to escape very easily. All of your arrays and traps can do nothing against that monster."

With that final warning, I teleport back to Yuki's house.

Lupis gets up and attends to the guest from Kins.

In the guest room are two men, one is a fat noble and the other has a sinister moustache with an odd gaze at Lupis up and down.

"Ms Lupis, it's a pleasure to see you, I am Mascorot Kneeves." Says the fat noble, extending his hand out. Lupis reluctantly takes his hand in disgust.

"I will not beat around the bush. In light of the coming Demon Lords' invasions and the current condition of the kingdom, it's unlikely the kingdom can survive...what happened here?" Mascorot says with a worried expression.

...

"What do you suggest?" Lupis asks.

"We will assist you. I know we were at odds a few years before in the war but let's leave that behind for now. This concerns the survival of my hometown too. The man beside me is called Luis Scarez, he will be the ambassador of Kins and will determine how much we help. Treat him nicely."

Lupis stays on guard against Luis, it's clear he has some ulterior motive but she does need the help to recover, especially when the demon lord invasion nears. In addition, she can't completely trust me to give her a hero slave after judging what I'm capable of, it won't be a surprise if I can forcefully break the contract.

==================================

"Mom!" A young villager shouts as she runs to her mother's embrace. It's late at night, everyone is getting ready for bed.

"Hm?" The mother notices that the sky is brighter than usual.

!

Many shooting stars roam across the horizon, each travelling to different locations.
"What is that?"
"...what..."

All villagers scramble out of their houses and stare at the sky in awe.
The young girl clasps her palms together and prays to the sky.

One of the shooting stars travels toward the Kingdom of Lupis and crashes into the underground dungeon.