Gods and monsters

It's official. 3 years later I'm making a sequel.

It goes into more lore about the highlands, how the kids are now they've grown up, what Misa and Zephyr are up to and of course, death note shenanigans. We also get a little peek at some more gods outside the Greek ones, as they were a big focus of the last book. They still play a part of course, but the other pantheons get a little more spotlight. And it's not a book by me without a bad bitch (y/n) and their sweet detective boy toy being cute.

Journey below, the sister book to this one is like an opposite universe we're it all takes place in the underworld rather than the highlands. But here, we continue in the highlands.

I missed writing this AU and it's by far my most popular book, so I know y'all want one. It'll still be a while before it goes up, but I want to give you something to be exited about for the 3 year anniversary. So I'll give you the cover art and a sneak peek.

Excerpt from chapter 4:

"This is Karma for what you did to me" Light sneered.

L whipped around to face him again, fuming. L wasn't a violent person, far from it. But when it came to Light he absolutely couldn't stand the man. Even after he's defeated he still has the nerve to act like a dickhead. L grabbed the chain and harshly tugged it, forcing Light to look at him.

"What I did to you? What I did to you was justice. For all the lives you took, all the kids who now don't have a parent, the parents who lost their child. The lovers who lost their soulmate. Never once did it cross your mind there are socioeconomic reasons for crime that could be easily fixed if the rich assholes just funded mental health treatment and provided for the poor. You overlooked that, because you didn't want justice. You wanted power.

You're a power hungry, pathetic little worm Light. Take a good look at me, I got what you wanted so badly. To be a god, and I use that power for good, unlike what you'd use it for. I love my devotees because they're amazing people, not because they worship me. You caused a mess, your pathetic little stunt set off a domino effect that's still being felt today. And that's NOTHING to be proud of" L seethed.

He tossed Light aside, done with his bullshit and having gotten the answers he needed.

"I'm done here. Hades put him back in that pit before I throw up just looking at him" L snapped.

"You heard him dead man, get moving" Hades said, pulling Light back to his chambers.

L sighed in frustration, already feeling that stress headache. You pulled him into your arms and immediately he loosened up, he couldn't stay mad when you were right there with him.

"Why does this kind of stuff always happen to me? Even as a god I can't catch a break" he muttered.

"Don't worry darling, we'll fix this. In fact, I think we'll need some human helpers to track down where this guy is in the human realm" you replied.

Immediately catching on, he lit up a bit. He was definitely on board with seeing his boys again.

"You're right, first thing tomorrow morning we're going to wammys" he smiled.

This was a shitty situation, but at least he got to see his kids again.

And one more bonus, a little anniversary doodle:

Mmm flowy robes and one tit out, my favourite kind of man

Anyway, when it's time to release it I'll obviously post about it here and in my updates. So keep an eye out. And thank you for 3 years of support on this book and the #pegL202x comment chain that's been going since 2020.

My last update here is for all those who keep commenting on this book asking me to write an original story. I did, it's called Izroulia and it's up on my page. It's got a similar vibe with magic and such, and I've actually been planning it since 2012 as it was my childhood passion project. There's realms, gods, other magic creatures and it's very very gay. One of the characters was actually partly inspired by L.

So yes, there's my 3 year anniversary updates. I can't believe this book is 3 years old now. It feels so much younger, like I only just wrote it yesterday. I'm not sure of an exact date when the sequel will be out, but it'll definitely be before the end of the year, I estimate maybe July-ish. I have a few other books to wrap up and I've only just started the first batch of chapters for Gods and monsters. But it's coming, and I'll be updating you guys.

That's all for now, thank you for reading!