Chapter 77 | have you heard?

A/n: it's almost done guys. Imma be empty after next chapter.

Hey, have you heard? Witches everywhere are talking about the upcoming wedding. Those lucky enough to work with the happy couple have been leaving offerings on their altars of roses and wine, rose quartz and honey cakes. All of which are accepted thankfully by the two Kami.

Artist have already started making renditions of it, what the two would look like in their wedding robes. Any day now was the big day.

In uncommon fashion for humans, it was the GODDESS of love that proposed to the GOD of love and justice. He was in tears because of it all day, overjoyed. Of course the rest of the Kami were exited to throw a wedding celebration that'd last several days.

The world had since largely forgotten the fear of Kira, long gone, years in the past. The impact would still loom, and the Shinigami would still watch, but alas, it was over. The world kept turning, crime kept happening, and there was still an ongoing fight for change in the worlds broken systems. But progress was made. It was quite the relief to all the realms that Kira faded away among the humans.

Hiding among the population were those most affected by it. The taskforce all off on their own paths in life.

And of course there was the goddess hiding among the humans with her human lover and their child.

The boys who'd spend time in the highlands during the case now in their late teens and very exited to be part of the wedding.

In fact, everyone that knew was exited.

"Muuummmm! Where did you put my deity robes?"

"Mum, or mum?"

"Goth mum"

"Oh me. There being washed, can't have you going to the highlands looking messy" Misa said.

"Ok, I was freaking out for a second there, thought I lost them" Naja replied.

"Don't worry hun, there's still a few days before we have to head up to the aether. Weddings not till next week" Zephyr added.

"I know I'm just so exited I actually get to go to the highlands! I've only ever had dreams about it, i haven't exactly gotten astral projection down yet"

Ironing out the robes that would be worn by the guests at the wedding, Misa was focused on making sure they were in mint condition. She'd already gotten in the kamis bad books once, she wasn't taking any risks of displeasing them.

"You don't have to be so precise darling, the Kami are ok with you" Zephyr said.

"I know I'm just worried of making them mad after all I did" Misa replied.

"You'll be fine. (Y/n) and L won't let you get in trouble, plus this is the wedding of the century everyone will be focused on that"

She put the robes on a hanger and hung it on the back of the door, ready for the big day.

"I wonder how they've decorated" zephyr pondered.

"This is L where talking about. Candy" Misa replied.

"Not sure if (y/n) would let him basically recreate the candy kingdom from adventure time for the wedding. She loves him but I dunno if she's willing to go that far"

Naja dug around the closet for her fanciest shoes to pair with the wedding outfit, debating weather or not to just steal a pair belonging to one of her mums.

"You called my teachers to let them know I won't been in for a week right?" She asked.

"Yes, don't worry about that. Plus it's year 8 you won't miss anything important" Misa replied.

"Are the Yagamis coming?"

"Not sure actually. I know they were invited but after the whole situation with your dick of a birth dad I don't know if they wanna be around the other realms"

"But it's L and (y/n) wedding. The ones that saved us and their granddaughter. Surely they'd at least drop in to say hi?" Zephyr added.

"Look I dunno. The whole taskforce have weird feelings about the whole Kira thing and therefore the other realms. Of course they respect L and (y/n) but their relationship with the highlands and the aether and the Kira case are a bit rocky"

"Mum... there's a floating paper behind you"

Turning to face the paper, Misas eyes were met with Rem.

"Rem?" Misa questioned.

"I heard about the wedding" she replied.

"Yeah that's next week why?"

"I want you to give them this. It's death note paper so Naja can touch it to see me too"

Misa took the paper, looking down at it. It was a letter. One thanking you and L for watching over Misa and Naja and keeping them safe all these years. As well as your work overthrowing Light.

"Are you going?" Misa asked.

"No, I have to stay in the Shinigami realm. But I will be watching. Although expect Ryuk to gatecrash, I heard he plans on sneaking out of the Shinigami realm to watch" Rem replied.

"Why? Kira's over I thought he was done" zephyr asked.

"He always found L more interesting than Light. He did like Light and was entertained by his actions. But he found L puzzling. I guess that's why"

"Well L is a bit of a strange person. No surprises a Shinigami would find him interesting" Misa replied.

"I mean... who else refuses to sit normally and stares off into the void on the daily" Zeph added.

"Uhhh guys? I still can't see Rem" Naja jumped in.

Misa handed her the paper, revealing Rem towering over the the girls. She jumped slightly at the sudden presence, the first Shinigami she'd ever seen.

"Woah" she stated.

"I can't stay, technically I'm not meant to be here. I just needed you to pass on the letter" Rem said.

"Alright... will I ever see you again?" Misa asked.

"Maybe one day... just maybe"

With that, she walked through the wall and flew off back to the Shinigami realm.

"Woah... so that's who gave you the notebook?" Naja asked.

"Yep... she never had bad intentions. I don't know if we were friends or just co-existing connected by the death note. But I knew I could trust her..." Misa replied.

"Well anyway... we still need to wrap the wedding gift- Naja are they my shoes?" Zephyr said.

"Yeaaahhhh... I can't find my good ones"