Chapter Twenty-seven

Zemela's POV:-)

I went to school all confident but I lost it upon seeing Sadiki wasn't in school, he didn't promise to make it he said he'd try, I guessed he didn't try.

I laid low all through the day, at lunch I sat with Holden, Vaughn, Arlo and Ruby.

After school Arlo drove all five us of down to Mateo's cafe, Ruby and I had shifts to run while the others needed a place to hang and chill.

Ruby refused to help me return Griffin's shirts, yes shirts, the one from the Reggie's incident and the one from the stolen uniform incident.

Bryson Griffin has always been my savior, he just always manages to save me in some way.

"One iced black coffee" the jerkass voice disturbed my mid day meditation.
He was standing in front of me, with my book bag hanging on one shoulder, did he go through my stuffs? Did he see my bra?

Oh God no!

"Grab ice cream with me" is he asking or commanding?
"Uhmm....no I have work to do" my eyes scanned the counter for work.
"Do you want your bag back or not?" He asked me.
"You can't come to my work place and boss me, you don't own this place" I said calmly.

"Fine" he turned to leave.
"Wait!" I stopped him.

I needed my bag back and my bra, I'd  been stuck with my worst bra for almost two weeks.

"I'll get all my stuffs back" I said, he placed twenty dollars on the counter, "for her absence" he told Mark, a co worker.

"No, you can't just pay me out like that, I need proper permission" I pushed the money back.
"It's fine Zemela" Ruby stood beside Bryson Griffin, I couldn't help but notice how good they looked together, "I'll inform Mrs Mateo" she assured me.

I let it slide after Ruby's assurance. I picked up his shirts and my small bag, I said good bye to my three friends, before leaving.

"I used to think I am confusing until I met you" I told Bryson Griffin.

We were sitting outside one of my favorite ice cream shops.

"You're just too dumb to understand me" he said.
"And I thought you had changed"
"Who tricked you to believing that?" He chuckled at his humor.

"My bag" I demanded.
"I'll hand it over when I'm ready" he said.

Typical!

"How's your best friend?" He asked me.
"None of your business"

"The attitude is back, I was almost tricked to believing you changed" he repeated my words.
"Yadayadayada"

"What do you want?" I asked him.
"I promised myself I'd return your stuffs after you apologize" he said.

"Wow! I'm glad to see you still keep to your words, that's the only good thing about you"
"They're lots of good things about me Zemela" the way he said my name caused my stomach to knot.

"Yeah?"
He's flirting with me!
"If you'll let me, I'll show you" his face was cute and innocent but his voice was the opposite.
"Ewww" I grimaced.

He had ice cream around his lips, rough eater, I thought, I smiled at my thought.

"You're blushing" his voice made my smile disappear.
"Smiling, there's a difference Mr"
"Yeah brainy" that name, he knows I hate it some much.

I decided to be mature and let it slide, "can I have my bag back" I requested.
He passed it across the table.
I opened it to check the contents, there was a purple bra with a tag, a new purple bra that wasn't mine.