5.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of purring and rustling, I nuzzled into the pillow more but then opened my eyes a crack and noticed I wasn't in my own bed.

I shot upright looking around the room, the black curtains slightly open letting in the morning sun. I scanned around the room to find what was causing the rustling and my eyes fell upon River rummaging through his drawers.

"Hi." I said softly to his back as he was facing away from me.
"Oh hi! I'm sorry I was just trying to grab a hoodie, I didn't mean to wake you." He apologised turning to face me.
"No it's okay, what time is it?" I asked patting around the bed trying to find my phone.
"Um, 10:35." He replied, looking at the time on his phone.
"Oh my god I'm sorry I slept so long I should go!" I said frantically, throwing the blankets off me to get out of bed.

I caught a glimpse of myself in his mirror, my hair knotted from the pillow, one leg of Rivers track pants halfway up my calf and missing a sock.
"No it's okay, stay as long as you need." River snapped me out of my stare.
"I look awful, what a great first impression." I sighed running my fingers through my hair to flatten it.
"There's a brush in the bathroom you can use." He chuckled.
"Hm? Oh thanks!" I answered.

I went to leave the room and realised I didn't actually know where the bathroom was.
"Up the hall on the left." River said almost as if he could read my mind.
"Thank you." I nodded walking to the bathroom.

I opened the door to the bathroom which was a bright white, so bright it nearly blinded me as my eyes were still adjusting to the daylight.

I reached for the brush that was sitting on the countertop and began smoothing out the knots in my hair. I quickly splashed my face with water and dried it off before making my way back to Rivers bedroom to get changed.

Once I was finally dressed and decent I made Rivers bed then made my way downstairs to gather my bag and get out of their hair.

"Morning (y/n)!" Wyatt called from where he was sitting by the kitchen counter.
"Hi Wyatt, thank you guys for letting me stay, I should really get going." I say politely, slinging my bag over my shoulder.
"What? Leaving so soon?" Ryan says popping around the corner into the kitchen.
"Yeah I've already overstayed my welcome, I even kicked River out of his own bed." I respond.
"But you've just woken up and he was totally cool with it." Ryan added.
"Promise I was!" River chimes in from the next room over.
"You shouldn't have to sleep on the couch in your own home though!" I responded.
"It really was okay." River said walking past me. "Plus you looked cute in my clothes." He whispered low enough for only me to hear.

His comment made my whole body warm and somewhat fuzzy. I didn't realise actually being around him would make me feel this way. He was always my favourite out of the trio and I knew I was attracted to him but this is something else in person.

It was like he noticed how I felt because of the smirk he had glued across his face as he leaned against the kitchen counter with a cup of coffee in his hand. I watched as he took a sip and he winked at me.

"Want one?" He offered.
"No I really should go." I nodded trying to convince myself to leave.
"Nah, have one." Ryan interrupted. "Riv make her one, how do you have it?"
"Just milk and sugar then." I sigh in defeat and place my bag back down.
"Almond okay? Riv is vegan." Ryan asked as he opened the fridge.
"Sure." I smiled

He grabbed the milk and placed it next to River on the counter. After he finished pouring the coffee he passed it to me, leaning over the counter and sliding it to me. As he got closer I could smell the soft scent of his cologne filling the air around me. I breathed it in basking in his presence.

His face was close to mine, close enough that it felt like if it wasn't weird I would reach out and caress it. He was looking directly into my eyes, causing my body to melt into the moment. It felt so normal for him to be this close to me.

"Thank you." I nearly whispered.
"You good?" Wyatt asked.
"Yes, totally good." I straightened up pretending to smell the coffee instead.
"Make yourself comfortable and enjoy it then." He said.

I sipped my coffee as I listened to the boys talk about their next trip and video ideas, losing myself in the moment.

I felt the weight of the cup lighten with every sip and as I got to the last bit I felt a wave of sadness come over me. This moment is going to end and I may not hear from them again. What if all of this was too good to be true? Only time will tell.

I stood up and placed my mug near the sink and grabbed my bag again.
"Thank you all again, this really has been wonderful." I say in a sad tone.
"Thank you for hanging out with us!" Ryan smiled. "I promise we will let you leave now."
"Yeah we're not going to hold you hostage." Wyatt chuckled. He came over to me to give me a hug goodbye.

One by one I hugged the boys, the hug from River seeming to last longer than the rest.
"Don't be a stranger okay?" He said as he pulled away from the embrace.
"I'll try, I've got Ryan's number so I'll talk to you guys soon." I smiled and headed for the door, all three boys in tow.

I made my way from the front porch to my car looking back to the house. The trio were all standing outside waving to me. I waved back as I started the car and began to drive away. This really has been one of the most incredible moments of my life.