7.

(Y/n) POV

I was lost in a world of my own doing my afternoon tidy of the house. I turned some music on and began gathering whatever trash I had speckled about the house to throw away.

I turned my music up louder so when I walk outside to throw away the garbage I can still hear it. I walked out and made my way to the garbage bin, threw it away and turned back to go inside.

From the corner of my eye I swear I saw River, I thought to do a double take but instead shook off the silly thought.
"He wouldn't be coming here idiot" I thought to myself.

I walked back inside locking the door behind me and trailed off to the kitchen to put my dishes in the dishwasher and start it.

As I've finished and turned it on I heard a knock on the door. I stood upright and paused my music, confused on who could be here, people don't usually come to visit me.

I wandered back to the door unlocking it and opening it to see River standing there. His shimmering blue eyes gazed down on me with a soft smile below them.
"Hey." He breathed.
"Hi, what are you doing here?" I asked stunned.
"You forgot this so I'm posting it to you, I'm the delivery man." He chuckled. The smile on his face was so sweet and innocent.
"You didn't have to do that River! Do you- do you want to come inside?" I offer.
"Yeah sure." He nodded.

I stepped to the side and held the door open as he walked into the house.
"Thank you for bringing this back, I could have waited." I chuckled.
"I'm sure you could have." He laughed back. I guided him to my couch and offered him a seat.
"I was in the middle of cleaning, sorry for the mess. Can I get you anything?" I ask.
"What mess? This place is spotless?" He said confused.

I have always been the one to try keep my place clean because it makes my head clearer but I feel like I've been slacking lately.

"I dunno, it feels like it to me." I laughed.
"No it looks great." He smiled up to me. "But also to answer your question before, nah I'm good."
"Oh okay!" I nodded. "So uh-Ryan gave me your number." I continued while taking a seat next to him on the couch.
"Yeah I know, he told me before I left to come here." He said.
"I can delete it if you want me to?" I ask anxious about how he's feeling.
"Actually I'd like you to keep it. Maybe we can keep in contact." He smiled widely.
"Seriously?" I asked shocked.
"Yeah, maybe we can actually be friends." He continued.
"I'd love that." I respond.

He placed his head on my shoulder and sighed.
"Are you okay?" I asked.
"Yeah, I guess I just didn't think you would've answered that way, like, it seemed genuine not fangirly." He snickered
"I mean I tried not to during the investigation with you guys, it was hard honestly." I laughed.

He sat back upright and I almost felt a little sad that he wasn't leaning against me any more. It just felt so natural and like I was soothing him from whatever he was thinking.

"I won't stick around too long, I don't want the guys to think I'm missing seeings I told them I was going for one of my 'clear my head' drives." He said.
"They didn't know you were coming?" I asked confused.
"Nah, Ryan's already giving me enough grief about how I reacted around you." He shrugged.

Was Ryan right? Does River actually have an interest in me? Like me? Why me of all people, I don't get it..

"What do you mean?" I probed.
"Yknow, I reacted weird, frozen." He sighed.
"I didn't think much of it honestly, I thought maybe you were anxious about the investigation" I shrugged.
"Oh, good then, maybe Ryan was trying to just mess with me." He nodded to himself.
"It seems like he does that a lot." I chuckled.
"Yep, good old twin relationships." He shook his head.
"I love how you guys get along, it's sweet to watch." I smiled.
"Heh yeah, he's an asshole but I love him." I smiled back.

Rivers phone began ringing, he pulled it out of his pocket and Wyatt's name was on the screen. "Sorry let me get this." He apologised "Sup Wy?"

I watched as he got up from the couch and walked into my kitchen to take the call. I sat patiently on the couch trying not to listen into the call. I looked away when River walked back in, making it seem like I wasn't waiting for him to come back.

"I'm sorry I have to go, the guys want me to bring them food." He rolled his eyes and apologised.
"That's okay, thank you for bringing my ring back." I looked down at the ring on my finger.
"You're welcome, it was nice to see you again." He pulled me in for a hug.

I laid my head on his chest hugging him back and took a deep breath in, slowly breathing out enjoying the embrace. It had a homey feeling, I almost didn't want it to end.
"I'll text you soon." He pulled away from the hug and kissed me on the cheek.

I didn't know how to react but I reached my hand up to my face, holding my cheek where he kissed it. It felt like I was in a daze as I watched him walk back to his car, getting in and driving away.
"Bye." I whispered.

I stood in the doorway, staring out to where his car was across the street. I instantly missed him and felt extra alone now he was gone.

I finally closed the door and went back to sitting on the couch. My head started filling with random thoughts of River. His smile, his perfectly split dyed hair, the blue eyes oh my goodness the blue eyes.

My head started reeling with the idea he could be attracted to me, he called me pretty, leaned his head on my shoulder, gave me two long hugs and now the kiss on the cheek.

I sighed to myself and flopped back on my couch, all interest in cleaning my house was now completely gone and my brain was in overdrive. I turned the tv on and stared mindlessly into it to try and calm the thoughts that were moving so fast it was making me dizzy. This isn't going to leave my head anytime soon.