8.

It had been a few weeks since I got to hang out with the guys but we've all been texting back and forth, sometimes we video chat too just to see each others faces. I didn't realise how much I could miss them but those video calls make everything feel normal, they're calming in a way.

The boys are currently off doing an investigation and their flight is due back tomorrow but I thought I'd surprise them by picking them up from the airport.

I decided to make a little welcome home pack for the boys yesterday so I had gone out to buy the boys some goodies and now I just had to arrange them in a nice little package.

I replaced the bottle of whiskey they shared with me, placing it in the centre of the basket I'd gotten. Around that I placed some of their favourite snacks and chocolates. I took a step back to admire the basket and felt like it was missing something. A while back I got myself a bunch of little crocheted ghosts that I had placed around the house, I chose three and popped them in the basket too. It was perfect, what else could you want after getting back from a work trip!

I wrapped the basket in clear cellophane and tied the top off with a black ribbon, making a bow at the top. I started missing the boys again and pulled out my phone.

'I've got a surprise for you guys when you get back' I messaged River.

'You didn't have to do that! You're too sweet' he responded. River and I have been texting back and forth the most out of the trio, our friendship was really blossoming and I swear I get a rush every time he messages me.

'I know but you guys work so hard and I think you all deserve it <3' I sent back.

'You're too good to us (y/n), you really are the best :)' he responded.

At the same time as his message came through I got a message from Ryan too.
'What's the surprise?!' He sent.
'You have to wait and see! And stop looking over Rivers shoulder!' I laughed to myself as I sent it.
'Never!' He replied.

I shook my head to myself and put my phone down beside me. I decided that it was time for a self pamper night before I pick up the boys tomorrow, I can't wait to see their faces when they see me waiting for them.

I wandered to the bathroom and lit some candles and rummaged through my bath bomb collection to pick one to throw in the tub. After smelling too many of them I finally decided on a rose and vanilla scented one. I turned on the water and began filling the tub, I definitely needed this relax evening.

I plopped the bomb in before it was full enough for me and began to strip off to sit in the tub. I slowly eased myself in as the sting of the hot water tingled at my skin.

Once I was finally in and starting to relax I heard my phone begin ringing. It was still in my kitchen where I left it. I brushed it off thinking if it was important they'd call back, I wanted to enjoy this bath as long as I could. The phone stopped ringing and instantly went off again. I sighed to myself, pulled myself up and out of the tub, grabbed my robe and headed to grab my phone.

I picked it up and it was River FaceTiming me. I answered it quickly thinking something was wrong.
"Hey Riv, are you okay?" I asked trying not to seem worried.
"Hey, I'm okay, you didn't answer the first time like you always do so I got worried." He tried to hide his soft blushing by looking away at something else.
"Oh! I was just in the bath" I chuckled. "I was trying to relax for the night."
"That explains the robe then, my bad." He chuckled back.
"Yeah, I won't lie I forgot I was wearing only that for a moment then.." I trailed off.
"No it's great, kinda like it." He said softly.
My heart started racing and I could feel my face burning red hot.
"Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that our original flight got cancelled and now we're getting an earlier flight back!" He continued.
"Oh no way! What time will you be back?" I asked anxiously knowing I still want to pick them up.
"Looking like about 5am?" He double checked with Ryan.
"Yeah 5!" Ryan called out. "Hey (y/n)! We miss you!"
"I miss you guys too!" I called back to him.
"I'll let you know if anything changes, we really do miss you, maybe when we get back the four of us can hang out together." River continued.
"I'd really love that." I smiled making him smile back. I could get lost in that smile forever.
"I gotta go, we're about to start investigating, we'll talk soon!" He said and blew me a kiss through the screen.
"Bye Riv, be safe!" I blew one back laughing.

As soon as he hung up I went back to my tub knowing I'm not going to be sleeping much tonight so I best make the most of it.

-lil time skip-
My alarm started going off at 3am, I wanted to make sure I had plenty of time to drive to the airport and find the right spot where they were arriving.

I got out of bed, threw on some jeans and my Twin Paranormal hoodie and made my way to the kitchen. I opened the fridge to get a can of red bull, grab their gift off the bench and get my keys and bag so I can leave.

I walk out the car and put their gift in the trunk of my car, making sure it's in the centre for them to see when they open it to put their luggage in. I hopped in the front and began driving, thankfully there was minimal traffic on the road because of how early in the morning it was.

I spent the hour long drive sipping my drink and listening to the new Brain Leak podcast because it was way too early for music. The sounds of Ethan and Sean's laughs and voices filled my car.

I finally arrived at the airport and drove around for a while trying to find a parking spot. Once I parked I quickly checked the trunk to recenter the gift then locked the car to make my way into the big building.

After asking staff too many questions and getting lost too many times I finally found myself standing in front of the correct gate where they would be arriving. I searched through my bag for a pen and the folded up piece of paper I knew that I had in there.

I unfolded the paper and wrote TWIN PARANORMAL on the blank side, ready to hold it up for them to see when they walk out. I made sure to write it in the biggest boldest letters I could so that they could read it better.

I'd sat down for about half an hour, reading an e-book on my phone when my eyes darted over to the time in the top corner, realising it was nearly 5am, they'll be landing soon!

I gathered my things and found a spot closer to the gate, making sure my paper was on hand ready to go. A little after 5 people began walking out of the gate, families running to hug eachother, couples in embraces. I waited eagerly with my sign up looking through the crowd to see if I can spot them.

Out of the corner I recognise Wyatt and call out his name. I see his head pop up and he scans the area in front of him. I called his name again and he spots me, reaching his hand up and waving excitedly. He turned around and slapped Ryan's arm with the back of his hand and points towards me. I watch as he forms a huge goofy grin on his face, he starts making his way towards me in a half jog. Behind him I see River walking out, he's looking down at his feet as he's making his way closer to Wyatt. Wyatt taps on his shoulder and points my way. I start waving excitedly to him, he starts smiling and I can see his face beginning to flush.

My gaze is interrupted by Ryan pulling me into a hug.
"Was this the surprise?!" He asked me.
"It wasn't but now I feel like this was so much better than whats waiting for you." I laughed as I hugged him back.

Wyatt and River have finally made their way over, Wyatt pulls me into a hug, picking me up and spinning.
"(Y/n)! We missed youuuuu!" He said while spinning.
"I missed you too, but please put me down I'm getting dizzy." I chuckled.
He put me down and apologised.
"Hey (y/n)." River smiled and pulled me in for one last hug, his was a lot tighter than the other two.
"I'm glad you guys are home." I mumbled into his chest.
"Me too." He breathed.

Our hug was interrupted by Ryan clearing his throat as if to remind us that he and Wyatt were still there. I looked up to them, not breaking the hug and just smiling.

River released our hug. "Should we go home?" He asked.
"Yeah let's get you guys home and in bed snoozing." I chuckled.
"That sounds wonderful right now." He agreed.

A/N: sorry for the long wait, works been crazy lately and I haven't had a moment to sit down properly and write. Also any other Brain Leak fans?!