The Genesis

~~~~

It was light, filling Novae with nothing with peace and tranquility. As she looked around, Novae could see nothing but a beautiful pasture covered in emerald green grass.

"So beautiful." She whispered to herself with a smile.

"Yes, quite a beautiful sight." A voice said behind her. Novae turned around and saw the guardian of Oriande: The White Lion.

The guardian beast walked to her side and smiled.

"Dear Novaleyia, I have heard through whispers in the cosmic winds that you have finally taken the crown of your father. Is this true?" The Lion asked.

Novae smiled and nodded, "It is, although, I have not been able to take a seat on my throne. My people still see me as their Empress, and for that I am grateful."

"There are many things in this universe to be grateful for. I am proud to see yet another Estellian Empress finally take her rightful place on her throne."

Novae looked down at the Lion, but noticed something strange about it. It's white fur was starting to dull to a soft gray color, and the light in its eyes was beginning to dim as well. She knelt down in front of the Lion and placed her hands on its face, stroking its soft fur.

"Dear Lion, what is happening to you? You do not look well in the slightest. Has something happened?"

The White Lion lay down, its head falling onto her lap.

"I was hoping that you would not look at me with such sadness, Novaleyia."

"Tell me what is happening to you, my friend."

The Lion looked up at her once again, "I am afraid that a witch of darkness is attempting to take my life to forcibly gain the knowledge of the Altean people."

Novae's eyes widened, "Honerva is in Oriande? How is that possible?"

"Her power is great, on par with the Altean Princess'."

"What of Zenithsia?"

"There is no need to fear for the land of Zenithsia. Even if her power is great, she cannot force her way through its barriers without you willingly doing so. And I am certain that you will never let those unworthy within Zenithsia's walls."

Novae couldn't help but chuckle at the thought, "You're right. I would never allow such a darkness enter the sacred halls of Zenithsia."

The Lion laughed, "Indeed. You truly a great Empress of Estellia. I do wish I had time to see you go through a proper coronation."

"What do you mean? Of course you can come to my coronation. There would be no greater honor."

Before the Lion could say anything else, the once beautiful scenery around her faded. The green grass wilted and turned to dust and the bright clear sky darkened. Novae felt a chill run down her spine before sensing a presence behind her.

She carefully lay the Lion's head off of her lap and onto the grass before turning around and seeing a terrifying creature behind her.

"Honerva!" She shouted at the shell of the kind woman she remembered all those thousands of years ago.

Honerva glared at Novae, her eyes glowing a bright purple.

"Novaleyia. You will plague me no longer. I will have my chosen dream."

Honerva reached her hand toward Novae, but the golden haired Empress couldn't do anything. Her body was frozen as Honerva's hand wrapped around her neck.