Chapter 18

Minho sighed loudly as he grabbed his mask.

He had just come back from Chan's office, and the latter just gave him a few missions to do around the city.

Their work was harsh, it involved spying, murder, and other nice fantasies. But once a week, Chan charged one of his members on "little missions", which are basically strolling around the city and making sure everything was alright.

Today's missions were: go to the rebuilded convenience store and make sure that they aren't threatened ; make pressure on the thugs that hang around the hospital ; fake being interest on drugs by the korean restaurant to bring informations to Chan ; and the last one, his favorite one, make sure the kids of the elementary school are doing well.

Those missions weren't a pain in the ass in fact, but they're still pricey in time, and Minho knew he'll spend the day running around the city. He may even fight with those thugs, and beating teenagers wasn't on his daily checklist.

As he was ready to exit the mansion, he turned back to see Jisung, who just called him.

"Where are you going?" Jisung asked enthusiastically

"On little missions" Minho said with a groan "You'll do them, eventually" Minho warned, frowning at him as a way to alert him. Jisung chuckled at his annoyment

"Want me to go with you? Maybe it'll be faster if we're two" Jisung offered, and Minho couldn't help but kneel and thank him endlessly, but he still had an honor to keep.

"Would Chan be okay?" Minho asked, but as he watched Jisung shrug, he grabbed a mask and threw it at Jisung "Let's go then".

He was enchanted to be helped, and to be honest, he knew that he needed to start again on better terms with Han. This was an occasion to warm up to him.

"Where are we going for starters?" Jisung asked curiously, walking enthusiastically beside him

"The convenience store" Minho responded "They have been attacked not long ago, so citizens couldn't provide food. We helped make the gang disappear and founded them for reconstruction. We're going to make sure no one is plotting against it again" Minho explained, as Jisung hummed in realization.

"Oh! I read about that on the internet. That was such a sweet move from you all" Jisung complimented

"Say that to Channie" Minho responded with a chuckle "He's the one making sure this city is safe"

Jisung nodded, his esteem for Chan was growing more and more.

Arriving in front of the convenience store, Minho halted his movements. He grabbed Jisung's wrist and pulled him to a nearby bench.

"Let's sit down for a second, we'll just watch for half an hour to see if weird people are hanging around" Minho explained to Jisung, who nodded.

As they sat down, they stayed in silence for a moment, until Jisung couldn't keep his mouth shut for more minutes.

"Isn't it the store where we met for the first time?" Jisung asked

"The first time we met was when you plunged your knife deep in my stomach, Han" Minho reminded him with a chuckle, as Jisung rolled his eyes

"Where we met, unmasked" Jisung corrected "I mean, I was unmasked. I recognized you that time"

"Is that why you suddenly panicked?" Minho asked curiously, eyes still concentrated on the entrance of the store.

"Yeah" Jisung responded with a laugh "What did you think of this reaction? You must have been hella confused"

"Not really" Minho shrugged "I thought you were flustered or something" He added confidently