Chapter 20

For the last weeks, Minho had been thoroughly warming up to Jisung.

What seemed to be a 'task' with the goal of making his future missions better and the ambiance of work easier and lighter, it had become something he genuinely wanted to do.

It was a bit different than how he used to act when the others arrived. He had never really 'forced' himself into liking / tolerating someone, he had done that rather naturally before. For Jisung's case, he didn't think he would naturally start to like him, but nonetheless, he ended up liking him, obviously. He even found himself more comfortable around Jisung, which was strange because he kept on insisting on the fact that he didn't trust him to the fullest, and that he found him rather annoying. He also couldn't shake his head off the fact that he had defeated him before, which still worried him. But somehow, he really didn't think it through when he was around Jisung. He liked the boy, even if he didn't want to.

Today's mission was to accompany Chan somewhere, as always for Minho. Chan needed to do some 'mafia boss talk' with a few other gang around the city.

Those gangs who they worked with, were some kind of alliance Chan had made in the past. They were acting positively for society, just like them, so Chan thought that it was a good idea to merge their strength sometimes. But it also came with a few negative points, especially when some gangs suddenly turned out to be rather toxic, to have been hiding terrible activities, or simply by betraying them while associating with assholes.

It happened, and that was the reason they always acted independently, and why Chan always brought Minho with him while on meetings with others.

That meeting had gone well, it was simple formalities, mostly because one of them had been acting suspiciously, seemingly leaning towards toxic activities, but they cleared everything up democratively and didn't need much things to say or do.

So it was a good mission, and a good day. And on good days, Chan is particularly excited. What a rare sight for Minho, who seemed to have the luck to see Chan on his worst days the most.

An excited Chan was fun to see, endearing even, but Minho didn't like it when he was the center of Chan's act of cuteness. That made him sick to his stomach.

"Tell me Lino, how's it going these last days?" Chan said, looking at Minho with a little smile.

Minho raised an eyebrow, his lips straight as a line under his mask as he wondered where Chan was going to with that small talk.

"Well, nicely" Minho responded with a shrug

"I've seen you with Han last time" Chan stated, nudging Minho slightly

"He went with me for the little missions around the city" Minho responded simply, not in the mood for his teasing

"How was he ?" Chan asked, actually curious

"He understood everything rather well, and he was good company" He answered, maybe omitting the fact that he was actually more than glad that Jisung had accompanied him.

"Good company, Huh?" Chan asked, a little smirk appearing on his lips, which made Minho sigh.

"What do you want?" Minho asked, scowling at the older

"Mmh nothing" Chan maliciously responded, shrugging cutely with a little chuckle.

"Take that teasing grin off your face before I make you" Minho warned, raising his tightened fist.

"What are you going to do, kiss meee~?" Chan teased, acting cute in front of his friend

"I'll punch you" Minho threatened, eyes narrowed and voice firm.